IGNORED

Anybody go to any game preserve yet?

JD48

2 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I would wait for colder weather when the foliage is less. I went to a preserve in early, warm weather and it was like a jungle. Two dogs and they couldn't pin down or get birds up. They were running in heavy cover like crazy. 

Good point, aside from the heat, i wasn't thinking about the cover, thanks

8 hours ago, Boykin Runner said:

To hot to run the dogs ! Maybe BC next month ..

havnt been out, gotta get a dog, have a portuguese pointer lost her last year due to old age . looking aroung for a pointer or setter .  but i used to hunt here and in sevilha  spain in this weather  and hottr ( 45ºc or higher ) and was ok huning it with dogs  , hunted for chuckar, quail and pheasante .

9 hours ago, archer36 said:

I would wait for colder weather when the foliage is less. I went to a preserve in early, warm weather and it was like a jungle. Two dogs and they couldn't pin down or get birds up. They were running in heavy cover like crazy. 

thats why i usally go early hours, before 10 am

7 minutes ago, alabjr said:

I made the mistake of paying for a preserve last September in the heat and the heavy cover… basically a waste of money and a day. I even had two birds I shot that the dogs couldn’t recover because of how thick it was. Wait for a few good frosts before spending the money. You’ll be thankful you waited. 

Good advice