IGNORED

They Are Truly A PIA In My Area !!

BHC

NJ's bear population is quite possibly one of the worst examples of wildlife management (or lack there of) anywhere in the country. 

I can only hope if and when a hunt is reinstated, the harvest blows the collective minds of these tree huggers and it is far greater than what would have resulted if we had a managed hunt to keep things in check now. It would be the ultimate form of poetic justice that blood would then ironically be on their hands... Then to top it all off, we can give them flack for releasing CO2, methane, etc. from their little candle lit services. Icing on the cake. 

Edited by chenrossi

26 minutes ago, chenrossi said:

NJ's bear population is quite possibly one of the worst examples of wildlife management (or lack there of) anywhere in the country. 

I can only hope if and when a hunt is reinstated, the harvest blows the collective minds of these tree huggers and it is far greater than what would have resulted if we had a managed hunt to keep things in check now. It would be the ultimate form of poetic justice that blood would then ironically be on their hands... Then to top it all off, we can give them flack for releasing CO2, methane, etc. from their little candle lit services. Icing on the cake. 

That’s what happens when politicians decide to “manage” wildlife instead of biologists. It’s hard to believe that 2026 is the first year that we might have another hunt.  And that’s assuming the next Governor has his/her DEP head sign a Comprehensive Black Bear Management Plan. 

14 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

That’s what happens when politicians decide to “manage” wildlife instead of biologists. It’s hard to believe that 2026 is the first year that we might have another hunt.  And that’s assuming the next Governor has his/her DEP head sign a Comprehensive Black Bear Management Plan. 

Yup. Considering no one wanted to fall on that knife this go around, I think it is going to be a long, long, long time before someone wants to face that without fear of being deemed outspoken or it jeopardizing their career. 

13 minutes ago, chenrossi said:

Yup. Considering no one wanted to fall on that knife this go around, I think it is going to be a long, long, long time before someone wants to face that without fear of being deemed outspoken or it jeopardizing their career. 

Not sure I’m following here. Murphy’s DEP Commish was more than happy to not execute the Plan by not signing it. Fish & Wildlife did their jobs in making the new Plan. Only Murphy or his Commissioner can approve the Plan, part of which is a hunt.  The next Governor is likely to be a moderate Republican or moderate Democrat, and hopefully that person agrees w the science and allows the hunt to move forward once again. 

47 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Not sure I’m following here. Murphy’s DEP Commish was more than happy to not execute the Plan by not signing it. Fish & Wildlife did their jobs in making the new Plan. Only Murphy or his Commissioner can approve the Plan, part of which is a hunt.  The next Governor is likely to be a moderate Republican or moderate Democrat, and hopefully that person agrees w the science and allows the hunt to move forward once again. 

I like the hunt the way it is now . No permits or checkin .  ;)

9 minutes ago, formakos said:

If you stop baiting, the bears will disappear.  Used to feed them at our camp in PA.  CWO came and told us to stop since they were causing damage to local residents.  We stopped and no longer see any bears!!!

you think so?

12 minutes ago, formakos said:

If you stop baiting, the bears will disappear.  Used to feed them at our camp in PA.  CWO came and told us to stop since they were causing damage to local residents.  We stopped and no longer see any bears!!!

Bait your hunting buddies stand,not yours!;)

30 minutes ago, formakos said:

LOL, I’m not baiting. We just have more bears than deer. Been that way for years and only getting worse.