IGNORED

Baby Back Ribs Recipe?

Buck154

10 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Right on.  Marinating for the grill is fine.  I don't think grilled ribs are all that great though.   No time to break down the connective tissue and render the fat

Agree. But it can be done with indirect heat using a rib rack. A little more labor intensive but they can come out pretty good.

Just seeing this thread. 

Yesterday my wife made ribs in the instapot.  I was grumbling about how they won't be any good. 

Surprisingly they were good.  Meat came right off the bone. I can get the specifics from her but I think she did just a dry rub and apple cider vinegar in the pot. Then thru them on a rack under the broiler with some BBQ slapped on them. 

Now they didn't taste like a good grilled charred rib but tender ribs in under an hour. Pretty good. 

I use 3/2/1 @250 degrees for smoking St Louis style, they contain a lot of collagen so the higher heat breaks it down well like cooking a brisket. That would be too long for babyback ribs, more like 2/1/1. I made ribs yesterday and the rub I like is….

Rib Rub

Ingredients:

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup smoked paprika 

• 2 tbsp coarse salt

1 tbsp chili powder

1 tbsp onion powder

1 tbsp garlic powder

1 tbsp cracked black pepper

1 tbsp mustard powder

1 tbsp ground cumin

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

If you want a finishing glaze to add during the last hour….

Glaze 

1/3 cup cider vinegar 

1/3 cup yellow mustard

1/3 cup brown sugar

1-Tbsp. Honey

With or without glaze they come out great

DEE062A9-6320-4136-8FE2-A1E360632904.jpeg.529ce33a9350b67beba1206adc112956.jpeg4FDE4133-9AB6-44BC-BC9C-299E2EAE6B55.jpeg.b3ea841b71ba3f44f2f4e60dd9e806f8.jpeg

AWM