IGNORED

shooting range central jersey

Swedish Hunter

I have taken a few shots at the Mills w my turkey gun to see what it does on paper at different distances n w different loads….but I can’t remember if the new range is only for slugs, 22s, n muzzle loaders. Can’t imagine a CO bothering u bout it but u never know. 

I have heard of people who got wood tho for shooting turkey guns in Parker’s Pit in the pines………….…”unauthorized range”

41 minutes ago, Swedish Hunter said:

I need to pattern my shotgun with turkey loads and chokes. Any suggestions on where to do this in central jersey? Shooters apparently will only allow slugs, can you put up a target and shoot at the public range in Colliers Mills? 

thanks

Yes. Make sure you have your hunting license on you. 

16 minutes ago, Nadornati said:

Assunpink ? 

You would probably be ok at Assunpink….trap range has been busy tho….& there is no berm. Another state trap range is down off rt 539 west of the parkway…where they stock pheasants in the fall…no berm either tho

Edited by Bonefreak

6 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

I have taken a few shots at the Mills w my turkey gun to see what it does on paper at different distances n w different loads….but I can’t remember if the new range is only for slugs, 22s, n muzzle loaders. Can’t imagine a CO bothering u bout it but u never know. 

I have heard of people who got wood tho for shooting turkey guns in Parker’s Pit in the pines………….…”unauthorized range”

this is what fish and game's site says. Looks like it will have to be Assunpink not Colliers Mills. I wish they specified what the asterisk means though...

image.png.133c62da6bbb93e81c04c11aed61f4c5.png

5 minutes ago, allmann said:

If you are close to shooters Keep traveling west towards warren grove and you will see a state range on the left hand side you can use. Literally 5 min away from shooters

Not really, an hour south from where I am. Assunpink will be closer. thanks though