IGNORED

Big turkey poacher bust in Mississippi

Bonefreak

So all in all for what they did the penalty doesn’t seem like much? Hunting privileges should be for way more than it was. 5 years is nothing and between 15 guys $100000.00? I’m sure all the officers and surveillance to catch these guys cost way more than $100,000.00. Should be banned from hunting and fishing for life. 

14 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

So all in all for what they did the penalty doesn’t seem like much? Hunting privileges should be for way more than it was. 5 years is nothing and between 15 guys $100000.00? I’m sure all the officers and surveillance to catch these guys cost way more than $100,000.00. Should be banned from hunting and fishing for life. 

Ring leader fined bout $35k n loss of license for 5 yrs. Not enough!!

Wish our fines here were more steep. It's a joke the fines. Was somebody in SJ last year who got busted shooting like 4-5 turkeys none of which were legal as I recall....couple other guys poaching them too. Slaps on the wrist and right back out there hunting. Ignorant.. 

How do we get the state to enact higher fines? Hitting them in the wallet is what will deter people. I'm not sure even taking their hunting privileges away matter - they are ALREADY hunting illegally - telling them they can't hunt for 2 years just saves them the money - don't have to pretend and buy licenses then. They are still going out poaching no matter what.

7 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

How do we get the state to enact higher fines? Hitting them in the wallet is what will deter people. I'm not sure even taking their hunting privileges away matter - they are ALREADY hunting illegally - telling them they can't hunt for 2 years just saves them the money - don't have to pretend and buy licenses then. They are still going out poaching no matter what.

If they took all equipment involved with the poaching case including vehicles like they can it would deter it

37 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

vote for legislators that give a crap and want stiffer penalties...and good luck finding that in today's world where society wants law breakers coddled for their wrong doings....

I just listened to it. People are amazing. They actually bought licenses and hunted other states while under federal indictment.  They prob spent well over 100-200k to catch these guys. A raid on Easter Sunday with 20 officers must have cost a ton. These guys basically got a slap on the wrist for what they did. 

Just like everything else in this country. The punishment never matches the crime. Criminals will never be deterred from doing it again. Maybe you’ll scare the individual who never intended to lead the life of crime but a criminal will always be a criminal when there are no consequences. 

Edited by Rjtfd