IGNORED

where are all the OTC permits??

mazzgolf

This can't be right, can it? This seems wrong. There will be *NO* available OTC permits for weeks A, B, or C anywhere in the state come Monday morning???

https://nj.aspirafocus.com/internetsales/Home/AvailablePermits

Turkey Zone 1 Hunting Period D 234
Turkey Zone 1 Hunting Period E 208
Turkey Zone 1 Hunting Period Y 240
Turkey Zone 2 Hunting Period D 307
Turkey Zone 2 Hunting Period E 271
Turkey Zone 2 Hunting Period Y 315
Turkey Zone 3 Hunting Period D 114
Turkey Zone 3 Hunting Period E 100
Turkey Zone 3 Hunting Period Y 115
Turkey Zone 4 Hunting Period D 232
Turkey Zone 4 Hunting Period E 139
Turkey Zone 4 Hunting Period Y 240
Turkey Zone 5 Hunting Period D 315
Turkey Zone 5 Hunting Period E 273
Turkey Zone 5 Hunting Period Y 325
Turkey Zone 6 Hunting Period D 497
Turkey Zone 6 Hunting Period E 472
Turkey Zone 6 Hunting Period Y 500
Turkey Zone 7 Hunting Period D 493
Turkey Zone 7 Hunting Period E 480
Turkey Zone 7 Hunting Period Y 500
Turkey Zone 8 Hunting Period D 295
Turkey Zone 8 Hunting Period E 141
Turkey Zone 8 Hunting Period Y 325
Turkey Zone 9 Hunting Period D 167
Turkey Zone 9 Hunting Period E 22
Turkey Zone 9 Hunting Period Y 220
Turkey Zone 10 Hunting Period D 154
Turkey Zone 10 Hunting Period E 124
Turkey Zone 10 Hunting Period Y 160
Turkey Zone 11 Hunting Period D 257
Turkey Zone 11 Hunting Period E 75
Turkey Zone 11 Hunting Period Y 300
Turkey Zone 12 Hunting Period D 52
Turkey Zone 12 Hunting Period E 16
Turkey Zone 12 Hunting Period Y 175
Turkey Zone 14 Hunting Period D 168
Turkey Zone 14 Hunting Period E 51
Turkey Zone 14 Hunting Period Y 449
Turkey Zone 15 Hunting Period D 43
Turkey Zone 15 Hunting Period E 15
Turkey Zone 15 Hunting Period Y 100
Turkey Zone 16 Hunting Period D 38
Turkey Zone 16 Hunting Period E 21
Turkey Zone 16 Hunting Period Y 160
Turkey Zone 20 Hunting Period D 497
Turkey Zone 20 Hunting Period E 74
Turkey Zone 20 Hunting Period Y 750
Turkey Zone 21 Hunting Period D 163
Turkey Zone 21 Hunting Period E 35
Turkey Zone 21 Hunting Period Y 380
Turkey Zone 22 Hunting Period D 18
Turkey Zone 22 Hunting Period E 25
Turkey Zone 22 Hunting Period Y 200

Edited by mazzgolf

It's not 10:00 yet then you'll be able to spend as much money as you want in whatever zone you want whatever period you want. Except maybe 14

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

4 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

The reason why I look at this ahead of time is because I want to know how fast I have to type come Monday :) I need to know which permits are available for me to buy - some of these sell so quick (some sell out within 5 minutes) I need to be prepared :)

That's the problem with society today adults kids New Jersey I got to be first.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

OTC sales aren't until the 28th. Permits can be claimed until 11:59 PM today. They won't know how many are available until the claim period is over

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

9 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

The reason why I look at this ahead of time is because I want to know how fast I have to type come Monday :) I need to know which permits are available for me to buy - some of these sell so quick (some sell out within 5 minutes) I need to be prepared :)

I still like to go in person and end up in the middle of the line usually.  I think things will probably  get tougher for guys who show up in person as many are now at their computer . Hoping,I get a few Permits come next week.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

1 minute ago, Bucndoe said:

OTC sales aren't until the 28th. Permits can be claimed until 11:59 PM today

No. Lottery permits had to be claimed last night by 11:59pm... page 50 of the digest:

image.png.9ded1c160f3260e1884d05e18eb5ed58.png

They always publish the counts for the leftover permits for OTC sales before they go on sale the following Monday. But I guess the computer spit out some wrong numbers.

1 minute ago, Fred Flintstone said:

I still like to go in person and end up in the middle of the line usually.  I think things will probably  get tougher for guys who show up in person as many are now at their computer

I can remember the second or third year I started turkey hunting. I was (supposed to) hunt with a friend. I was buying mine online. I got mine right at 10:01am. He, for some reason, wanted to go in person to a local shop. So he's standing in line, and I'm texting him when 10am hit, "Dude, there are only a few permits left - where are you in line?".... a couple minutes later (literally, I don't think it was 5 minutes that passed by), as I watched the count go down to 0, I text him, "All gone. Did you get one?".... He was next in line, never got a chance to buy one - they sold out before he even got to the counter.

15 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

No. Lottery permits had to be claimed last night by 11:59pm... page 50 of the digest:

They always publish the counts for the leftover permits for OTC sales before they go on sale the following Monday. But I guess the computer spit out some wrong numbers.

I lost track of the days. I thought today was Wednesday. Retired life

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

I lost track of the days. I thought today was Wednesday. Retired life

Welcome to the club

24 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

No, they just have no idea of the numbers until hunters claim or forget to claim their lottery permits. Only after that will they be able to publish numbers. I hunt zone seven and could walk in any day and buy a permit because none of the weeks sells out including E week. But we don’t have the birds that other zones have.

8 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

No, they just have no idea of the numbers until hunters claim or forget to claim their lottery permits. Only after that will they be able to publish numbers. I hunt zone seven and could walk in any day and buy a permit because none of the weeks sells out including E week. But we don’t have the birds that other zones have.

Right. Zones 5,6,7,and possibly 10.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

I was just looking as well...for some reason the only time periods for all zones that are showing availability are D/E/Y.   I would assume that currently there is just a glitch and not showing the available permits for ABC time periods at this time.