IGNORED

my new old camera

Kype

i know some guys here are into cameras. i was re gifted this nikon 3200. is this a good camera? i was messing around with it tonight. but there are so many buttons, i dont even know where to begin. came with 2 lens. is this a beginner camera? or  is this to much for someone who knows nothing about photography? 

KIMG0549.JPG.582b940580fa76e02d0707a0c9abc312.JPG

KIMG0550.JPG.05052ab3188f58da62b211585b2bb479.JPG

We get a bunch of really nice and at one time high end cameras at our estate sales.......very few buyers out there.....many times people just want them to display.......funny and stereotypical as it may sound its usually Asians who still use the old cameras......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

1 hour ago, MRMCR said:

We get a bunch of really nice and at one time high end cameras at our estate sales.......very few buyers out there.....many times people just want them to display.......funny and stereotypical as it may sound its usually Asians who still use the old cameras......

The camera is not old it came out in 2012 that's a good camera it's digital it's not the old camera that takes film.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

12 hours ago, Kype said:

i know some guys here are into cameras. i was re gifted this nikon 3200. is this a good camera? i was messing around with it tonight. but there are so many buttons, i dont even know where to begin. came with 2 lens. is this a beginner camera? or  is this to much for someone who knows nothing about photography? 

Great Camera and Brand, I have the Nikon D3500, I use the Auto Feature and Take Photos & Videos' 

Since the Phones have emerged with so many photo options IMO there are a few drawbacks =,  Formats - Pixels - & Downloading to my Computers. I Just remove the memory card insert & download to Photo program,  

Photos are an example of using Auto Night with flash and Zoom &  Day  Both retouched in Computer. Cropping , Lighting - Clearity,   Formats are JPEG. 

Buy if you don't already have one a good Memory card ( Speed ) &  Storage  AMAZON  $25,50 

Extra Battery and Charger    AMAZON 

Youtube has 100s of Videos on the Hows - Whys  So Get out Take some photos and post them, :up:

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0004 (5).JPG

61co-yPuxuL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Kyle was great about the camera with the SD card you can get real pictures, when I first started I didn't know how to work the camera and were you still I didn't know what I was going to get half of them in the beginning come back over or under developed and we're all good but to trial and error I learned you can too won't cost you nearly as much as it cost me lol go to the Walgreens to Walmart or rite aid put accordion it'll show you the pictures you check off the ones you like you can even get them more expense and they're doing right there on 5 or 10 minutes.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

22 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

The camera is not old it came out in 2012 that's a good camera it's digital it's not the old camera that takes film.

The camera phones are making stand alone cameras obsolete......such as CD's. DVD's........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

6 minutes ago, MRMCR said:

The camera phones are making stand alone cameras obsolete......such as CD's. DVD's........

Don't understand your point Michael. So CDs and DVDs are becoming obsolete like as compared to vinyl cassette and VHS?

Camera phones won't be taking the place of DSLR bodies with separate lenses.  They have reduced the sales of point and shoot cameras, which is probably why the pro camera prices skyrocketed, to make up for the loss. Cell pics look good on the phone, even on the computer until you try to crop them or zoom in and they are a small format

Set the camera to full auto with ISO on auto to start out taking pics.  For moving objects and sports set the Tv to 640, or higher with better lighting, leave everything else on auto.  Or set the aperture for depth of field when taking still objects and let the camera do the rest.  ISO can be manually set low(probably down to 100 on that camera) in good lighting for clearer quality pics, or higher in poor lighting to gather more light but pics will get grainy the higher you go.  Setting ISO over 800 will probably start to show noise in the pictures.  You can set the ISO low as you can and let the camera do the rest.  Raise the ISO to gather more light if the meter drops down more than a couple lines from center, unless you want a darker pic.  After some playing around you'll figure how to manually adjust everything and watch the meter.  Also, In manual you can set the depth and speed while keeping ISO on auto to make the adjustments in lighting, within the range of the ISO.  Get the feel for how ISO, shutter speed, and aperture work together.  I'm using spot focusing and spot metering for wildlife since I want the animal to be in sharp focus and correctly exposed.  A broader focal range and exposure would be better for sports, landscapes, group shots

Edited by Greybeard

On 3/20/2022 at 6:56 AM, hunterbob1 said:

Don't understand your point Michael. So CDs and DVDs are becoming obsolete like as compared to vinyl cassette and VHS?

Yes......they used to sell now $1.00 or less and we see tons of them....