IGNORED

10/27 check in

Greybeard

I had a lot of action today but no serious rutting activity. In the AM I had a 7 and 3 pointer and 4 does come by, they all got the pass. I decided to bail out at 9:30,  at 9:15 a coyote ghosted in, gave him a bark, he stopped and looked me in the eyes, I put the crosshairs on him and started to pull the trigger at the same time he decided it was time to bail out so the bolt hit him far back. Hopefully he didn't make it but if he did I'm sure he will move on to a different area. My PM hunt was full of action with deer moving the whole time, had a nice 2 1/2 year old 8 browsing in front me at 60 yards, he would catch my wind when it shifted but he would go back to browsing once it shifted away from him. Then a big 7 pointer(3.5 or 4.5 year old) came out of no where's and gave the 8 a half assed challenge, then the wind shifted again and the big boy didn't wait around , he took off and never looked back and the 8 went back to eating. It always amazes me it only takes a mature buck no more than a few seconds to register danger and they are off to Dodge:banghead:

Edited by bucky

I got greedy tonight waiting for the big doe behind the medium size doe.  The big doe knew something wasn’t right and stayed in the thick stuff.  Ended up taking a shot on the medium doe after they were both starting to try to leave. Ended up getting a deflection and gave just a haircut, no blood on the arrow or ground.  I should have taken the medium doe when I had the opportunity. I learned something today besides that I’m an idiot 

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

1 minute ago, Rutting Buck said:

I got greedy tonight waiting for the big doe behind the medium size doe.  The big doe knew something wasn’t right and stayed in the thick stuff.  Ended up taking a shot on the medium doe after they were both starting to try to leave. Ended up getting a deflection and gave just a haircut, no blood on the arrow or ground.  I should have taken the medium doe when I had the opportunity. I learned something today besides that I’m an idiot 

They we're on alert did she duck the arrow?

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt