IGNORED

Stand Up Shooting Rest

Reeltight

Can anyone recommend a crossbow shooting rest to use in the standing position?  My wife is going for the shooting portion of her archery test soon and I'd like to get some type of rest for her to use to shoot the 5 arrows that won't break the bank.  We have a caldwell fieldpod that she will be using in the ground blind but it's only for shooting in the sitting position and I doubt they will let her shoot sitting.

The Primos trigger sticks are great, I use the tripod version for many situations. 
Ive seen many students at the classes using mono pod type sticks with good success, however they require a bit more steadying of the crossbow to shoot accurately, it takes some getting used to as they can move in all directions as opposed to the tripod style. 

1 hour ago, Reeltight said:

Can anyone recommend a crossbow shooting rest to use in the standing position?  My wife is going for the shooting portion of her archery test soon and I'd like to get some type of rest for her to use to shoot the 5 arrows that won't break the bank.  We have a caldwell fieldpod that she will be using in the ground blind but it's only for shooting in the sitting position and I doubt they will let her shoot sitting.

Ask F&W if your wife can sit while shooting. I really believe they'll let her.

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.

19 minutes ago, Reeltight said:

Are you positive? That would be great if it's true.

I can’t speak for every instructor at every location, so I can’t definitively positively speak on behalf of every instructor in the state. If you need that kind of assurance, call the state, don’t ask guys on a forum. 
That being said, every class I have been involved with, in which the director of hunter Ed. was in attendance, any and all shooting positions with crossbows was allowed. 

5 hours ago, Pathman said:

The Primos trigger sticks are great, I use the tripod version for many situations. 
Ive seen many students at the classes using mono pod type sticks with good success, however they require a bit more steadying of the crossbow to shoot accurately, it takes some getting used to as they can move in all directions as opposed to the tripod style. 

I agree with the Primos Trigger Stick tripod

I used a Deathgrip to sight in at 40yds. With a crossbow. It was effortless.
They sell an accessory block with a 1/4"×20 bolt for a spotting scope or swiss arc rails.
This accessory would be very easy to build.
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk