IGNORED

New bow problem any solutions

Septicdude

Ok so here it is I recently picked up the new Mathews v3 and love it, smooth biw solid backwall.  Well finally.got around to tuning it, center shot is dead on and its shooting bullet hole through paper.  Problem is my sight is maxed out to the left and the arrow is still hitting to.the left.  I have no more adjustment on the sight.  Is this a torque issue l, roller guard issue or maybe just a sight issue? I've been looking online and cant come up with anything.  Trying to not go to bow shops any more would really like to take care of all my own stuff in house.  

Just now, Nanuk said:

Congrats on purchase , May be a stupid question but is there any adjustment on the rest ? Even-though it’s probably a drop away ???

It is a drop away and like I said the arrow is shooting bullet hole through paper, I forgot to mention I had it in a press yesterday and the cams are timed right also.  

You seem to have done everything correctly , video below mentions same measurement you have . Since it’s not shooting correctly anyway try to adjust and see if that helps . If if doesn’t you’ll know to look in a different direction 

Edited by Nanuk

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

Shooting bullet holes with a bareshaft? 

What sight is it?

Fuse site, I've also tried a trophy ridge with the same results.   And idk about bareshaft I'll try that today.

1 hour ago, BCsaw said:

How is your follow through? Are you cross eye dominant?
Close the other eye!
6ea1320cfaace0deecad56bd2e69789e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Nope not cross eye dominant and I close my other eye anyway.  And good follow through.  

1 hour ago, Septicdude said:

Fuse site, I've also tried a trophy ridge with the same results.   And idk about bareshaft I'll try that today.

Nope not cross eye dominant and I close my other eye anyway.  And good follow through.  

I'd get the bareshaft flight correct first and then worry about sighting in from there.  Occasionally some sights don't have enough play in one way to be used for certain bows.   I know that was an issue with some Montana Black Gold sights so there was an "extension" piece they'd give you

Did you walk back tune or broadhead tune?  I don't put much weight on paper tune when setting up a new bow.  I use it as a last resort.  I set draw weight and length, cam rotation and timing, dial out cam lean, draw stop position and timing, then walk back tune to get centershot close.  I will then broadhead tune to make final rest adjustments and then adjust sights once broadheads and field points impact the same.  If I have issues with broadhead tuning then I will go to paper to help diagnose the issue.  

Another thing you can do is knock an arrow and hold the bow up in front of you and align the string with the arrow as you look from the back, then see if your pins are left, right, or behind the string.  It is normal for the pins to be just outside of the string but iif they are not close then you can align the string with the pins and see if the arrow looks like it is diving off to one side.  If so you have a centershot issue.  If the arrow looks straight you have a sight spacing issue.