IGNORED

How many is enough?

Here's a question for all those who feel the population is in distress.  What have you done to help improve are you a member of nwtf how about getting certified s130 s190 and help with controll burning.  Yes you can suggest pieces to burn and the section warden will review and see if it can be done. How many are members of the federation and submit ideas for habitat improvement. How many people help clean up wma or state forests.  We can complain all we want but with out being active and helping nothing will get done

Edited by vdep217

2 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Here's a question for all those who feel the population is in distress.  What have you done to help improve are you a member of nwtf how about getting certified s130 s190 and help with controll burning.  How many are members of the federation and submit ideas for habitat improvement. How many people help clean up wma or state forests.  We can complain all we want but with out being active and helping nothing will get done

Everyone who buys licenses and permits are active.   The problem is that the money is used for things that aren't hunting and fishing related.  Pictured is one of the turtle tunnels that we paid for!  A 100 year old with a cane wouldn't have any problem crossing that road.

download (2).jpeg

On 4/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, nickmarch said:

Actually no.  You said the federal grants were from licenses. The money comes from excise taxes on sales of hunting and fishing equipment and marine fuel sales.  :rofl:

You also said that not one dime or cent comes from licenses while the report says license fees are the PRIMARY source of funds

You may now qualify as the lowest intelligent poster on the site.  Here's how it works since it takes you about 10X to get it.  A state leverages the number of licenses it sells to gain grant funds, based on those license sales, from federal excise taxes such as the Pittman Robertson Act funds.  The feds collect the taxes and dole them out to states based on submissions of grants limited to the number of licenses sold in a given state.  I already know I lost you. :rofl: 

Edited by Bucksnbows

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

You may now qualify as the lowest intelligent poster on the site.  Here's how it works since it takes you about 10X to get it.  A state leverages the number of licenses it sells to gain grant funds, based on those license sales, from federal excise taxes such as the Pittman Robertson Act funds.  The feds collect the taxes and dole them out to states based on submissions of grants limited to the number of licenses sold in a given state.  I already know I lost you. :rofl: 

You lost yourself :rofl:

Your original post said that the funds come from license sales so I showed you that the funds come from sales of hunting and fishing related products.

They don't leverage license sales the State's are entitled to the funds.

Since you twisted the issue into how that money is distributed I'm going to show you a quote from the act. This comes from leftover funds after funds are given to the State's based on population for Administration expenses, basic hunter ed and safety programs, enhanced hunter ed and safety and multi-State conservation grants.

"revenue in said fund for each fiscal year among the several States in the following manner: One-half in the ratio which the area of each State bears to the total area of all the States" 

I hope that's not to hard for you to understand.  The remaining half is distributed according to license sales.

NJ is kind of small in area. To bad for us!  Good thing the money from hunting and fishing licenses are the PRIMARY source of funds for the DEP projects as opposed to your ignorant claim that not one dime of the funds from hunting and fishing license is used for the projects.

Now that I've read parts of the act I hope the act wasn't used for the State gun ranges where they require a current hunting license to use the range.  To use the funds the ranges have to be open to the general public not just to those who have current hunting licenses.  

Federal law in effect on the date of enactment of this Act, including the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act (16 U.S.C. 669 et seq.), provides Federal support for construction and expansion of public target ranges by making available to States amounts that may be used for construction, operation, and maintenance of public target ranges

(4) the term "public target range" means a specific location that—

(A) is identified by a governmental agency for recreational shooting;

(B) is open to the public;

(C) may be supervised; and

(D) may accommodate archery or rifle, pistol, or shotgun shooting;

Edited by nickmarch

I enjoy buying multiple tags, I don’t have an issue with it. It can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be, just like anything else. I’ll continue to buy 10-12 permits. I spread my harvest around to several properties though. I don’t pound just one location. So if I shoot 6-8 birds, the impact is little far as I’m concerned. Just my two cents.

22 hours ago, nickmarch said:

Everyone who buys licenses and permits are active.   The problem is that the money is used for things that aren't hunting and fishing related.  Pictured is one of the turtle tunnels that we paid for!  A 100 year old with a cane wouldn't have any problem crossing that road.

download (2).jpeg

. Being an active member of the federation NWTF DUCKS UNLIMITED etc makes you active simply purchasing a lisence makes you a contributor

Edited by vdep217

29 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

. Being an active member of the federation NWTF DUCKS UNLIMITED etc makes you active simply purchasing a lisence makes you a contributor

You go from asking who will get firefighting training to NWTF AND DUCKSUNIMITED?

NWTF provides seed to private landowners to improve habitat.  That does little to nothing to improve the habitat that a large majority of us hunt on. They are also trying to get legislation to turkey hunt on sunday.

Firefighting training might get you a job in the NJ Forest fire service to burn the lands of their choosing.  They haven't burnt where I hunt in decades.  Same for a large majority of State grounds.

20 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

You go from asking who will get firefighting training to NWTF AND DUCKSUNIMITED?

NWTF provides seed to private landowners to improve habitat.  That does little to nothing to improve the habitat that a large majority of us hunt on. They are also trying to get legislation to turkey hunt on sunday.

Firefighting training might get you a job in the NJ Forest fire service to burn the lands of their choosing.  They haven't burnt where I hunt in decades.  Same for a large majority of State grounds.

My original post had all of the above in it.  Find out who your forest fire section warden is and make recommendations on where to burn.  There are restrictions on what can and can't be burned so that could be the case.  The point here is so many people bitch that nothing gets done but don't invest time or energy to help the cause.  Yes s130 s190 certs are extreme and more time consuming but again you don't need to be employed to burn.  The fire house  I was a member of we used to burn alot of pieces and yes some were pieces a good amount of the members hunted and it was a volunteer company.   It has become increasingly difficult to get burn permits

On a smaller scale hoe about organizing a clean up of your local wma have you done somthing like that how about your local trout streams.   Get involved go to federation meetings start making suggestions and you will get somewhere complaining on a forum gets you no where