IGNORED

Did it die???

Rdfhunter

seems Kris always had an UNTAPPED gold mine, and guess his life didnt have enough time to tap into the great resource he started. Hopefully Matt is able to learn from Kris's mistakes and make this a forum that stays around for a much longer time

X2. Such a waste of a great resource.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea that it was bought by an anti-hunting group and shut down is not far fetched and actually would have been a good strategy for them. I mean think about it' date=' if an anti-hunting group had a web site where they constantly pushed ideas and orgainzed to promote them, and that got under our skin, wouldn't it be smart to buy it and close it down if the opportunity arose?

[/quote']

Have to disagree, bud, this site rose from the ashes of the previous one, and we'll keep doing it, let's see who stays standing at the end after they can't shell out any more money

I can put all the suspicions to bed. It's NONE of what any of you are saying.

Who owns the site? Still don't know.

Will they fix the site? I don't know.

However, I know exactly what happened to NJH last night.

I was over there going through my admin controls trying to see if there was ANY way I could give moderator powers to some people there, just to give the place a fighting chance. (part of me believes Kris still owns it and even if he doesn't care, I still do to an extent)

Clicked on one of the users controls and the site instantly crashed. Its happened a couple times before, when I had tested my admin controls shortly after getting them. Certain controls would suddenly crash the site. But someone always had the site up and running relatively shortly after. Even after "the sale" if there ever was one.

Honestly this wasn't malicious in anyway. I had just finished editing a few posts and thought....let me see if I can make a few of the good guys left over here into mods.

Didn't work.

Whoever owns it obviously hasn't fixed it yet.

And like I said, from past incidents, it must be an easy fix, reboot or something, because they get it done in minutes sometimes, depends on when they catch it I guess.

Maybe they'll see it Monday?

Who knows....this is the problem with an absentee owner. I don't even know who to contact to let them know.

I feel bad that it happened. I should have known better than to mess with those glitchy controls.

I could have said nothing and maybe that's what I should have done, because some will probably believe this was intentional despite what I say.

I just figured it was right that you guys know and no one has to speculate the cause of it being down.

Like I said above, this happened to me several times before so I KNOW it's the cause. I would click on the control, it would freeze and then when I would try to go back onto any NJH page it would be down.

Even though it was a legitimate accident, I do feel bad and I have to apologize for this.

-Matt

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

However' date=' I know exactly what happened to NJH last night.

I was over there going through my admin controls trying to see if there was ANY way I could give moderator powers to some people there, just to give the place a fighting chance. (part of me believes Kris still owns it and even if he doesn't care, I still do to an extent)

Clicked on one of the users controls and the site instantly crashed. Its happened a couple times before, when I had tested my admin controls shortly after getting them. Certain controls would suddenly crash the site. But someone always had the site up and running relatively shortly after. Even after "the sale" if there ever was one.

Honestly this wasn't malicious in anyway. I had just finished editing a few posts and thought....let me see if I can make a few of the good guys left over here into mods.

Didn't work.

And like I said, from past incidents, it must be an easy fix, reboot or something, because they get it done in minutes sometimes, depends on when they catch it I guess.

Who knows....this is the problem with an absentee owner. I don't even know who to contact to let them know.

I feel bad that it happened. I should have known better than to mess with those glitchy controls.

I could have said nothing and maybe that's what I should have done, because some will probably believe this was intentional despite what I say.

I just figured it was right that you guys know and no one has to speculate the cause of it being down.

Like I said above, this happened to me several times before so I KNOW it's the cause. I would click on the control, it would freeze and then when I would try to go back onto any NJH page it would be down.

Even though it was a legitimate accident, I do feel bad and I have to apologize for this.

-Matt

[/quote']

Thanks for telling us what happened.

However' date=' I know exactly what happened to NJH last night.

Didn't work.

-Matt

[/quote']

Now that's pretty funny right there! Thanks for coming clean and putting an end to the speculation :thumb_up: