IGNORED

Should I unstring my Excalibur

estimator

3 hours ago, bushden said:

That's a great idea, I never heard of that but will mark my Parker Tornado this morning. Thanks for that advice.

The recurve design makes getting your Excalibur back into tune very easy.  It's only one bowstring, so a couple of twists and you can bring it back in between the marks and your yardages are all back on zeroed in where they were.  I've never tuned a compound style crossbow, so not sure if the same approach works or there's more to it.  On compound bows I've often marked the cams at rest where they cross the strings or limbs.  Manufacturers over the years started etching hash marks in their cams to do the same thing. 

5 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

The recurve design makes getting your Excalibur back into tune very easy.  It's only one bowstring, so a couple of twists and you can bring it back in between the marks and your yardages are all back on zeroed in where they were.  I've never tuned a compound style crossbow, so not sure if the same approach works or there's more to it.  On compound bows I've often marked the cams at rest where they cross the strings or limbs. 

It's the same with a crossbow as any bows, depends on the string how many shots, yep don't do the chubby checker, 1-2 twist's max.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

18 hours ago, toxo said:

I do,it's easy and can't hurt. Remember to take the pads off of the air brakes first. When I hunted with Trad bows you always unstring them.:up:

Most trad guys never unstring their bows anymore .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

6 minutes ago, archer36 said:

WOW! In my Recurve days, we always unstrung our bows after every hunt. I took Target Archery in College (yes I got Credits for it) and we always unstrung our bows. Is Trad that much different? 

Me too , but since getting my Customs , the builders said there was no need to unstring them .

as long as they were even occasionally shot 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

50 minutes ago, toxo said:

We were taught to use the step thru method,twisted more Bow limbs then it was worth! I still unstring my recurves but now we have the step on Bow stringer:up:

When I was a kid stringing and unstringing my bow putting my leg through using my knee on the bottom limb found out that was a NO NO! Lenny Cardinal showed me the right way put the bottom one tip in your insole of your shoe I'm ready so hold the Riser in my left hand in an open hand push on the upper limb below the string loop pull the Riser handle and push against the limb and slide the string up to the tip at the same time. Yes I also had the stringer with the leather cups.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

• 1 month later...

Ask 10 crossbow owners this question ....and you will get 12 answers.

I relax my Excalibur crossbow after every season . Just makes common sense ( to me)  to relax the  limbs/string & I  do it myself without the cost a compound crossbow ( unless you have a bow fixture $$$ ) owner will spend at a bow shop. This feature was one of the reasons I went with a recurve crossbow .