IGNORED

August Log Crossing Cam and Some Others

EK000019_zpsc5fc8c74.jpg

EK000007_zps835d914c.jpg

Green-backed Heron

EK000020_zps19c7cb8d.jpg

Pretty good-looking for this time of year.

EK000028_zps05b578bb.jpg

Last year, one of the cats that regularly crossed the log was killed in a snare.  He was a real  big male (38 pounds). 

That's pushing the upper size range.  Since he was killed, I rarely get pics of cats.

PICT0025_zps72804ca8.jpg

I set up a scent post awhile ago hoping to get pics of cats.  I hope this bear sticks around for a few more months .........

PICT0029_zpsf37644f1.jpg

Nice buck.  I just picked up my bow after four years off.  This one would be a nice way to get back in the game .........

I have a bad, real bad, feeling that I forgot to turn my log crossing camera on, after I changed the card.  And it's kind of a PIA to get to, this time of year.  And my son just went back to college, so I can't even have him go check for  me.

The river geek in my keeps wondering why that log has never launched in a flood event.  It has clearly stretched across that what seems low gradient stream for a long, long time.  Either way, it provides some great trail cam photos!  

If and when it does wash or rots away LittleM better get out there with his chainsaw and make another one.  :)