IGNORED

Hanging your bow when on stand/blind

nmc02

Hang all the time, it's located on tree so when I'm standing or sitting it's a simple pick up.

Especially when cold I won't even think about picking it up till I'm just about ready to shot.

IMG_20201106_144730.jpg

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

Now that I switched to traditional archery I find hanging the bow to be problematic. That is if bumped tha arrow will fall off the riser shelf. When that happens sometimes it comes off the nock and falls to the ground. 

With my TreeWalker climber I simply lay the bow on the rail and it is secure from falling and easy to grab when a deer shows up. I used to do that when I hunted with the compound as well.

BTW I dropped my bow from the treestand yesterday. I was getting ready to climb down. I was in a hurry because I had to take a pizz. I thought I clipped the string on my hauling line and it wasn't hooked and down it went.  The fall was broken my some small branches and it landed on the quiver. One of the arrows was the point of impact on a rock. It broke in half, but there wasn't a scratch on the bow.

Edited by 230jhp

Depends on the stand. Stands that have good visibility where I can see 100+ yards, I leave my bow hanging and only pick up if a shooter/doe comes through. The stands in the thick stuff where I can only see less than 50 yards, I hold it the whole time.