IGNORED

Crossbow Recommendations

Rutting Buck

I have a friend who is in the market for a crossbow for hunting in Va.  He is looking for an entry level crossbow that is inexpensive.  He has some shoulder and neck issues so a crank cock is preferred but not a must.

Thanks 

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

1 hour ago, BHC said:

Centerpoint 415 Amped, or Killer Instic 415. or 425

Or Patriot 415, which is the same bow as the others listed here but comes in a kit at Wal Mart for 349 including the crank.  Bought it a few weeks ago fro my 11 yr old daughter on recommendation from BHC.  Had an issue with the crank  not holding the string and after contacting Centerpoint and talking with technician Kevin, they sent me a brand new the same day.  Great service and the bow is deadly accurate.  Took my daughter 6 shots out of the box to dial it on from 30 yards out.  Would be more than happy to show/demo my daughters for you.

19 hours ago, BHC said:

Centerpoint 415 Amped, or Killer Instic 415. or 425

Two good choices- as a hunter ed instructor I’ve seen every kind of bow and crossbow come up to the line. What is amazing is how poorly  an inexperienced shooter can shot a $2500 crossbow and how well an experienced shooter can shoot a $400 one ! Time and time again i have watched Centerpionts shoot bolt scraping groups. 

2 minutes ago, flukebelly said:

Two good choices- as a hunter ed instructor I’ve seen every kind of bow and crossbow come up to the line. What is amazing is how poorly  an inexperienced shooter can shot a $2500 crossbow and how well an experienced shooter can shoot a $400 one ! Time and time again i have watched Centerpionts shoot bolt scraping groups. 

Key to your statement is inexperienced vs experienced. Has nothing to do with the xbow. Give an inexperienced shooter an xbow with an 8lb trigger with 3/4” of travel and see what happens

AWM