IGNORED

Does everything created by government suck?

Lunatic

So I am on The Department of labor site trying to sign up for unemployment benefits.
This site was designed by some 1st grade student. This is really sad how inept are people working for us:down:
You have to create an account and that went well, only 3 tries and I was in.
Then you log on and start the process and this is where everything falls apart.
You get instantly logged off for any of these reasons: hitting back button, hitting any navigational buttons twice, remaining inactive for a period of time, during site update or unusually high traffic.
But this is not the worse part. When you get logged off you lose all your work and you have to start from the beginning.
25 minutes into it I get logged of for "maintenance or unusually high traffic". Yes I know millions of people are trying to do the same and delays are expected but why am I loosing all my work? Why design a site where back button or double click on anything erases all your work? 
This happened twice already and now I can't even log on.

I go to bed late, I will try then:shock:

9 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Did you read mu post or just responded to the titled? :shock:

No, sorry, I didn't read every word but if you had a reason in your post then why ask the question? 

I understand your frustration.

Just venting I guess. 

I just completed my Census and it went great. 

Edited by archer36

16 minutes ago, archer36 said:

No, sorry, I didn't read every word but if you had a reason in your post then why ask the question? 

Just venting I guess. 

You are responding and asking questions without reading? Your response is addressed in the post The  answer to your question is in there:shock:

Edited by Lunatic

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

You are responding and asking questions without reading? Your response is addressed in the post The  answer to your question is in there:shock:

...and as I said, if you proposed an answer, why ask the question? Venting? That's fine. End of story. 

If you want to persecute me for this minor detail and it makes you feel better than I'm OK with that.

Feel better. 

Some people will beg to differ.

There's plenty of people working the system, living off wellfare and doing better than I am.

I have a job do my 40 and pay for my house wife and kids.

I could only imagine how nice to have all that and not work for it

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

I was responsible for the computer systems at the company I retired from after 31 years. Started there when punched cards were used and finished when laptops were brought on board and integrated.  

If I had done my job in the manner in which our government functions then I wouldn't have lasted for the 31 years that I did and my company wouldn't have either.

I have a huge problem cutting them any slack in the way they conduct themselves or do their jobs ! 

Edited by RPK0620

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

29 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Just venting I guess. 

My census online was not easy. It didn't recognize the town where I live (Millstone Twp, Millstone Township & Clarksburg all use the same 08510 zip code) ?     Finally did manage to get it done !:happywave:

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

3 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

I was responsible for the computer systems at the company I retired from after 31 years. Started there when punched cards were used and finished when laptops were brought on board and integrated.  

If I had done my job in the manner in which our government functions then I wouldn't have lasted for the 31 years that I did and my company wouldn't have either.

I have a huge problem cutting them any slack in the way they conduct themselves or do their jobs ! 

There is no accountability or consequences and therefore very few things get done right. If you created Internet site like this in a business world you would never make one penny.