IGNORED

I swear I’m cursed with this compound

Rutting Buck

2 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Although i do understand what you are referring to i believe it is a bit more complex. How low or high you anchor affects the arc in relation to your pin distances. Also on a straight down shot(within 5yrds and 20’ up) the arc is flattened by the lessened effect of gravity. This affect is either more or less dramatic based on a low or high anchor. Your form (body) following the angle of the shot also drastically affects the steep angle shot. Look at the premise of the pendulum sight which was very popular at one time. When you increased the angle the pendulum moved the pin up to compensate for the lessened affect of gravity which worked for many archers. I am not saying you are completely wrong, i just do not believe all those variables can be controlled by using a longer distance pin is the cure all. :happywave:

Anchor point should never change.  Form should never change. .  The only  variable is the distance. When you realize that from a 15ft stand, your 35yard pin (or whatever it may be) hits the bullseye at 5 yards, then you just figured your bow out.  Thats why bending at the waist is so important.  You are just repeating a motion that youve done thousands of times before and allowing science to do the rest.

I did not read all comments but I base my pin on distance from base of tree - period. Bend at the waist and shoot.  I have killed a lot of deer 17-20’ above a 7-10 yard deer and just used my zero to 20 pin with exact hit where I aim. It really is that simple and if it is not you need to practice  from a stand in your yard the same scenario and find out what you are doing wrong.  Sorry you missed a good Buck but I have no idea why you aimed lower than where you wanted to hit?? 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

4 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Anchor point should never change.  Form should never change. .  The only  variable is the distance. When you realize that from a 15ft stand, your 35yard pin (or whatever it may be) hits the bullseye at 5 yards, then you just figured your bow out.  Thats why bending at the waist is so important.  You are just repeating a motion that youve done thousands of times before and allowing science to do the rest.

:shakehead:  You didn’t absorb a letter of what I wrote. Just want to spout off as usual. Have you ever shot a deer? I can’t remember ever seeing you with one

AWM

4 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I did not read all comments but I base my pin on distance from base of tree - period. Bend at the waist and shoot.  I have killed a lot of see 17-20’ above a 7-10 yard deer and just used my zero to 20 pin with exact hit where I aim. It really is that simple and if it is not you need to practice  from a stand in your yard the same scenario and find out what you are doing wrong.  Sorry you missed a good Buck but I have no idea why you aimed lower than where you wanted to hit?? B

Can i get an Amen brotha :rofl:

AWM

8 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

:shakehead:  You didn’t absorb a letter of what I wrote. Just want to spout off as usual. Have you ever shot a deer? I can’t remember ever seeing you with one

Ken and Dan (2 of the most experienced archers and hunters on this site) have proven you wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt, so why is it so difficult for you to just admit you're incorrect?   Instead you just defer to ad hominem attacks.  Nobody is amused.  

What don't you understand about the diagram that Ken posted?  I'm genuinely curious about this entire disagreement.  

What more can be said to convince you that you might have just actually learned something about arrow flight?  It's ok to learn something new. 

Edited by not on the rug

Just now, not on the rug said:

Ken and Dan (2 of the most experienced archers and hunters on this site have proven you wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt), so why is it so difficult for you to just admit you're incorrect?   Instead you just defer to ad hominem attacks.  Nobody is amused.  

What more can be said to convince you that you might have just actually learned something about arrow flight?  It's ok to learn something new. 

:rofl: i have learned that there is no reason to change the way I have been killing deer for 35 years. I set myself 18’ high whenever possible. I strive for a 5-15yrd shot and use my top pin everytime with no problem. As I said earlier, thousands of hunters must be all doing it wrong then. That being said... you’re still an arrogant little asshole

AWM

16 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I did not read all comments but I base my pin on distance from base of tree - period. Bend at the waist and shoot.  I have killed a lot of see 17-20’ above a 7-10 yard deer and just used my zero to 20 pin with exact hit where I aim. It really is that simple and if it is not you need to practice  from a stand in your yard the same scenario and find out what you are doing wrong.  Sorry you missed a good Buck but I have no idea why you aimed lower than where you wanted to hit?? B

It is really that simple and everything else raised in this thread is overthinking it just like the OP did on his buck shot. He aimed low and he missed low. 

4 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It is really that simple and everything else raised in this thread is overthinking it just like the OP did on his buck shot. He aimed low and he missed low. 

Was the shot straight down "missed under the treestand" or 12 yards out? Big difference.

Edited by electric10162

1 minute ago, electric10162 said:

Was the shot straight down "missed under the treestand" or 12 yards out? Big difference.

“I just missed a nice 8 pointer at the bottom of my stand.  Tell me if I’m an idiot but it was 12 yards but a 74 degree angle. So I thought I should not use my 20 yard pin which is my shortest distance pin. So I put the 20 pin under him and shot right under him, clean miss. I swear I’m cursed with a compound bow. This is my 2nd year with the compound and my first was very short due to my frustration with it. L

3 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

:rofl: i have learned that there is no reason to change the way I have been killing deer for 35 years. I set myself 18’ high whenever possible. I strive for a 5-15yrd shot and use my top pin everytime with no problem. As I said earlier, thousands of hunters must be all doing it wrong then. That being said... you’re still an arrogant little asshole

I still do things the same way you do and it works for me the same way it works for you.  Because at short distances, the arrow flight path is the same as it would be the other way.  That's why both ways work.  I never said either way was wrong.  

If you go back to the beginning of this thread and re-read it, you'll see that is what I've said from the beginning.  Is it arrogance because I knew the answer from the get-go?  For some reason you got upset that I knew something you didn't know.  I never intended for that to offend anyone.  Take a deep breath and put me on ignore if you don't like me, but I'm fairly certain if you start over here, you'll see what I'm talking about and realize you got upset for absolutely no reason.