IGNORED

Venison Hot Dogs

9 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I use alpine up by honesdale pa.  My wife's cousin gets hot dogs made, and my son and I get breakfast sausage and deer snacks(sticks).   The deer sticks are awesome.  I also had kielbasi done which was better than alpine's in blairstown.  I don't trust Blairstown to give me my own meat back.  I took meat there, and when I went to pick it up they asked how many pounds I wanted.  Honesdale does each order separate.  They put down the weight when it's dropped off, and the weight after it was processed. 10lb minimum per item.

This place is top notch. I stop there often. It is approximately 35 minutes from my pa cabin 

55 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

He doesn't even make his "speciality" meats....he takes them into pa and has them made. Ask him. 

I know I think the hotdogs and Taylor ham gets done at nello’s. I drop my whole deer off and place my order and pick it up a week later. I just don’t have time to run deer to different places. 

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

Alpine in Blairstown is hands down the best. The ones I got from jimmy at Hunterdon deer butcher were good but I’m very skeptical of him as I drop off a deer and get a call 2 days later saying it’s ready...with smoked product included?!  I’ve never had anybody complete a deer with smoked product that quickly for me.   Had others tell me you’re not getting your own deer back with specialty products from him. If you’re ok with that then by all means he is a great guy and has a spotless shop. But it’s worth the trip to blairstown imo.

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

Pretty sure I heard from multiple people that Quaker Creek does batches of other peoples deer. I take to much time butchering my deer to not get back my own. As the experts always say the best Venison or any Game starts with the field dressing and then the handling of the meat.  I want my stuff and only mine whether it is processed or not.