IGNORED

Ridgewood Country Club

tjfslaughter

1 hour ago, stratocaster said:

Can this even be considered hunting?  I understand the lure of getting a nice buck like that but is it really hunting?   Shooting yes but not hunting, but that is  JMO.   

I agree; it’s sort of like hunting them in your background... 

I hunted a country club in Somerset county for two seasons years ago and there were some nice bucks running around but that didn't mean it was easy. A mature buck is not any easier to hunt there then any where else. They didn't tolerate any "human" activity in the surrounding woods. In fact it was easy to blow them out.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I hunted a country club in Somerset county for two seasons years ago and there were some nice bucks running around but that didn't mean it was easy. A mature buck is not any easier to hunt there then any where else. They didn't tolerate any "human" activity in the surrounding woods. In fact it was easy to blow them out.
Did you try the hybrid iron-wood clubs, since it was no chip shot?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

It's no different than hunting residential deer anywhere else, except for the added danger of possibly being struck in the head with a hard little ball.  :rofl:

Trust me, once the deer have been hunted a few times they get just as hard to hunt as deer anywhere else.  Just ask LPJR.  :D 

Very true. Although tough, they make for classic Live hunts on W&W! Way too much fun! 

17 hours ago, stratocaster said:

Can this even be considered hunting?  I understand the lure of getting a nice buck like that but is it really hunting?   Shooting yes but not hunting, but that is  JMO.   

I did a golf course management hunt a few times 10-15 years ago.  My club was invited by the person managing the hunt. After a while my club was kicked off the hunt. I think it was because one of the members kept hitting and losing deer. Personally I didn't care because I always felt kind of stupid doing it.

It is true these golf course deer do smarten up. Once I had about a half dozen of them watch  from 30 yards out as I fastened my climber to a tree and climbed up. When I pulled the bow up and nocked an arrow they took off...... When they come into the feeder there will be as many as 10 deer close enough to shoot. That is 10 sets of eyes to catch you bringing the bow to full draw.

The purpose of this type of hunt is strictly management. That is to reduce the deer population on a property that has way too many deer for the its' ecology. The likelihood of getting a mature buck is somewhat reduced because he will come in after the does and small bucks. By the time he arrives that "10 sets of eyes" situation will be in place. "Good luck" getting to full draw then.

Edited by 230jhp