IGNORED

Questions for land Surveyors

I'm looking to get my property resurveyed after 20 years. It's only 4 acres. I can only.find a couple pins so I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly where my corners are. What can I expect to pay per pin. Are surveyers cool with the land owners tagging along so I can see exactly where my property lines are? I also have the original survey of the property. Any information is appreciated. 

Edited by iluv2hunt

34 minutes ago, iluv2hunt said:

I'm looking to get my property resurveyed after 20 years. It's only 4 acres. I can only.find a couple pins so I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly where my corners are. What can I expect to pay per pin. Are surveyers cool with the land owners tagging along so I can see exactly where my property lines are? I also have the original survey of the property. Any information is appreciated. 

I don't think they would care if you walked with them. Usually the price is per pin so how many corners do you have. If the pins are still there and you just can't find them, the surveyor will find them. Sorry I can't with price

Had mine done 5 years ago $200 to get a Zoning approval just a Map they Charge by placing Markers just be there if you get it done? but ask if you can do your own markers they will tell you they are not Legal. BS, it is for your information.  For selling in NJ the Buyers Pay. 

Left out that was for a 100x200 lot 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

17 minutes ago, NJREALTOR said:

Use a metal detector, you should be able to find them.

If they are metal some used wood stakes and extra for Metal Pins. mine is just 1-inch galv. pipe I replaced the wood  ones later.

:offtopic: We the Historical Commission had an old Presbyterian Cemetery surveyed with Ground Radar to locate unmarked graves that were on Church records with locations no markers And had Metal Disks on a pipe so a metal detector could find them for future purposes, The Whole prosses took some time but was Donated time for Teaching Purposes.   

Thanks for the information guys. I never thought to use a metal detector to locate the pins. I know there's at least some metal piping. I have a cheap metal detector i can try to see if i can locator them with. If i have no luck i will contact the original company that surveyed the property 20 years ago. I would really like to know my exact property lines.

7 minutes ago, iluv2hunt said:

Thanks for the information guys. I never thought to use a metal detector to locate the pins. I know there's at least some metal piping. I have a cheap metal detector i can try to see if i can locator them with. If i have no luck i will contact the original company that surveyed the property 20 years ago. I would really like to know my exact property lines.

When I worked as a surveyor we used metal detectors to find property markers:-) 
Good luck

Edited by Lunatic

9 minutes ago, iluv2hunt said:

To bad your not closer I have 2 one professional all metals in and out of the water. 

4 hours ago, NJREALTOR said:

Use a metal detector, you should be able to find them.

I have concrete markers as well as metal pins. 

I had my property done 2 years ago so I could post the property. 

It cost me around $1200 to mark property lines and find corner markers on 50 acres. 

There is an app that is supposed to be very accurate. My surveyor told me about it but I dont remember what it was called and Im pretty sure you had to pay $30 for the app

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

Metal detector to find them but just because you find a iron don't mean it's right, just ask Kevin aka bear crazy. I surveyed his property and found 4 of his corners but when I located the and calculated the boundaries the two on the right side were 5 foot off and 15 foot off.  Home owners put in their own and are not correct. It sucks even worse when they set them wrong but are close enough that other surveyors hold them then calc boundaries off of them then it fucks everyone down the line up and everyone ends up in court to straighten it out. As for price if you are doing it in conjunction with a map showing all physical features it would probably be $800 plus $100 per corner. If you are just doing corners $600 - $800.  Alot of people don't like the price but it takes 3/4 to a full day and sometimes you have to go back a second day to set the corners after calculating everything, and also we have responsibility because people build stuff to the corners we put in or say are correct.