IGNORED

ICE?

Stocks Forest Sports Shop 972-946-5448

This shop many knows is on Rt-206 Open all year closed new years day they have info on all the lakes Streams. My go-to for Trout fishing when up there on the Flatbrook 

If anyone calls post the report Bill

store.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

It looks like most lakes up north are fully covered in ice or nearly so.  I took a ride around yesterday on my way home from Suffern, NY to check on some of my go-to spots.  I didn't see anyone out, but I'm sure today or over this weekend the ice should be plenty safe on most lakes.  I can't find time until next weekend myself, but the forecast is for continued very cold weather, so I know I can get out then.  

Budd Lake is always one of my check spots as I live nearby, and when I drive past later, I'm sure I'll see anglers out there.  

It looks like most lakes up north are fully covered in ice or nearly so.  I took a ride around yesterday on my way home from Suffern, NY to check on some of my go-to spots.  I didn't see anyone out, but I'm sure today or over this weekend the ice should be plenty safe on most lakes.  I can't find time until next weekend myself, but the forecast is for continued very cold weather, so I know I can get out then.  

Budd Lake is always one of my check spots as I live nearby, and when I drive past later, I'm sure I'll see anglers out there.  

I will go with you next weekend 

AWM #2

There were several ice fishermen out on Budd Lake today although a part of the center is still open, but that's normal.  No idea if/what they were catching.  All I know is that by next weekend, the ice will be plenty safe on the lake I'll be on with TroutandBucks and some other buddies plus my daughter.   Good luck and be safe all who venture forth on the ice.  Watch for those spring holes! 

There were several ice fishermen out on Budd Lake today although a part of the center is still open, but that's normal.  No idea if/what they were catching.  All I know is that by next weekend, the ice will be plenty safe on the lake I'll be on with TroutandBucks and some other buddies plus my daughter.   Good luck and be safe all who venture forth on the ice.  Watch for those spring holes!

Photos for us Cabin Bound  :up:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

So I managed to get out for my first ice fishing trip ever this past Saturday, and without a doubt I am hooked.

I went out with 3 guys, only one of which was an experienced ice fisherman. We set-up 7 traps baited with shiners on 6+inches of ice and all bounced around different holes jigging. We ended up with 2 perch and 2 pickerel on the tip-ups, and an assortment of bluegills and perch on the jigging rods. We also got ourselves some pizza brought to the ice which helped us push through and stay on the ice for about 7 hours lol.. I managed to get the first crack at the first flag of the day, and pulled out a ~16in pickerel. It was pretty awesome hand lining my first fish bigger than a gill through the ice.. I hope this weather keeps up all winter.

Fish1.jpg

fish2.jpg

fish3.jpg