IGNORED

Getting The Itch To Purchase a Xbow

BHC

It works perfectly.

Deer do not drop because of gravity.  They drop due to muscle contraction.  A deer that is about to run hasn't relaxed its muscles, it is very much the opposite.  A deer is not a flat, rigid and static object.  It is dynamic and can contort itself in various ways.  That is force applied to mass.  It is not one muscle, but groups of muscles pulling on various parts of the deer at different forces to achieve an objective.

When you bend at the waist, are you solely using gravity or are your muscles assisting that downward motion.  Do it very quickly, do your feet come off the ground as your head careens toward the ground?  No, that doesn't happen.

I 100% disagree with you so let me quote something I wrote on previous page you apparently  didn't see :

An object can not move itself unless it can pull or push itself against another object or be pulled or pushed by another object. Think about it this way: Imagine there is no gravity and the deer is suspended in mid air. If you believe it can move itself when gravity is present then it should be no problem for this deer to move itself in no gravity situation. But that's impossible unless it can push or pull itself against another object. You can move your hand or your head or band at your waist because the rest of your body to which the hand, head and waist is attached provides the reactionary force. But in this case we are talking about moving the entire body,, How?

Newton's 3rd law is simple: For every action there is equal and opposite reaction or,  a Force is a push or a pull that acts on an object as a results of its interaction with another object.

So keeping this in mind, how does the deer without ability to grab onto the ground and pulling, or pushing itself against some object on top of him, is able to get around Newton's third law? If the deer really can apply a force to push or pull itself down without another object around to satisfy the point of opposite reaction, how does it happen?    

Lets keep talking because I do want to get to the bottom of this

Edited by Lunatic

If you want it more related to this thread.

How about I attach a string to a hundred dollar bill.

You shoot at it from 50 yards with your matrix.

And you can even use a rest.

If I can pull it away during the shot, I keep it.

If you hit it I give you a hundred bucks.

And my reflexes are no match for a deers.

Okay Mr right. Here's the deal I'll do it on the two conditions. First I said a deer could not jump my Matrix at 20 yards I'll go as far as 30. You do your string thing at 30 yards I'll even tell you when I'm going to shoot. Second condition the money goes to St Jude's Children's Research Hospital. I don't want to take your money.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Okay Mr right. Here's the deal I'll do it on the two conditions. First I said a deer could not jump my Matrix at 20 yards I'll go as far as 30. You do your string thing at 30 yards I'll even tell you when I'm going to shoot. Second condition the money goes to St Jude's Children's Research Hospital. I don't want to take your money.

Who pays for the hospital bill when you send an arrow through his hand!  :)

He has no chance of pulling away at 50 yards because human reaction is too slow and he would have only 0.02 of a second to do it. 30 yards? forget about it Arrow will be in the target before he even moves his hand. This is of course all out the window if he is a Ninja with superpowers.

this thread is like crack. People at work must think I am nuts wondering why I am laughing to myself all day long.

Its actually good. Civil for the most part and informative.

I am still trying to figure it out if deer can push or pull itself down or is it all gravity :shock:  :happywave:

I 100% disagree with you so let me quote something I wrote on previous page you operantly didn't see :

An object can not move itself unless it can pull or push itself against another object or be pulled or pushed by another object. 

What do you think muscles are doing?

Newton's second law:  The acceleration of an object as produced by a net force is directly proportional to the magnitude of the net force, in the same direction as the net force, and inversely proportional to the mass of the object.

Muscles take electrical energy and convert that to a mechanical force.  That mechanical force is applied to bones, and they have mass.

Seriously, swing your body forward by bending at the hips as fast as you can.  Then fall forward.  In the first example your head will be accelerated toward the ground faster than if it was solely using gravity, as in the second example.  Your feet are not clasping the ground like claws (unless you're not telling us something), but instead, the mass of the top part of your body is less than the mass of your legs.  That's why when you bend at the torso, you can accelerate your head downward without being fastened to the ground.

A deer's limbs are additional mass that can be used to accelerate their bodies (partially) downward faster than the affects of gravity.  Additional muscle tension in their backs can cause it to curve downward, contributing further to their ability to drop a spot on their backs very quickly.  Watch every single video posted on this thread.  That's what you're seeing happen.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.