IGNORED

Georgia Victory

1957Buck

I tend to agree... At least they made an attempt at serving our country..  Some service men get dishonorably discharged for what would be considered misdemeanor offenses in civilian life, and with todays overabundant supply of overly mothered mommies boys who are addicted to mummies constant praise after  accomplishing nothing, some of them just couldn't handle the military life over a prolonged period of time given the fact that men are expected to act like men. Well, it use to be that way.. Not so sure about that now... But anyway, like I said, they tried and failed.. I don't see why they should be punished in that manner for attempting what MOST Americans wouldn't even consider attempting...

Some get dishonorable for things which are not crimes in US. Alcoholism for example. Or unbecoming an officer for cheating on his wife:-)

This is the only one I disagree with: "Anyone with a Dishonorable Discharge can not Vote" 

Someone who signed up to protect our country should be allowed to vote. Just because something went wrong while serving does not mean he/she should not be allowed to vote while millions who didn't serve are voting.

This one I disagree with.

Dishonorable Discharge is but One way of leaving the Services.  Circumstance is added in all But an Honorable Discharge. Inclouding a General.    Dishonorable is Reserved for The Worst of the worst. They can not hold any Government Positions From Mail Man to Elected.  Just as a Convected Felon someone with a Dishonorable Discharge Deserves Nothing Less. Go to any VFW-- Legion -- Vet Home or VA Hospital and ask if they should be able to Vote.  The guy how served Honorably next to Them. I will keep that one in. 

it is not given for Just something that went wrong.  when a General Court Marshal Court finds them Guilty it is no small Offence. 

Just as that scumbag Deserter Should have already been put in front of a firing Squad  Like all those behind him in a time of war. worst he is allowed to still Wear the Uniform with all designations.  So did he just make a Mistake Poor boy who could not handle life in The Military BS Soldiers Died looking for this Scum Bag? Tell their families Something just went wrong he is a good boy.     Guess you can tell Patriotism I wear it every day for my Family members inclouding me That served and some Died  HONORABLY.      

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

The best is a pic I saw of all the sour puss's at CNN...  Yeah - they are not biased!

You'd be mad too if your entire week's planned news coverage just went up in smoke. 

If the Democrat won in GA, from Tuesday night to Friday night, every night, every story, would be how the Republican party is in trouble, and the Republican platform is being rejected by the American people.  It would have been NON-STOP. 

What's even funnier is how the media acted like this election was so important just yesterday, and then 24 hours later it's as if it was no big deal because Republicans always win that district anyway.

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Funniest Tweet I saw about the Georgia election:

So I gather GA06 has suddenly gone from Enlightened Sunbelt Suburban Panera Voters back to Inbred Reactionary Neo-Confederate Klansmen

Absolutely BRILLIANT!    LOL

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

The Debates sure got the Message Across. The Town Halls got the words out in person.  Public TV should be required to give equal time to Finalist, Forse accountability a Promise made should be a Promise Kept.   

Correct, but I am not talking about a 90 minute debate.  The campaign now lasts from Jan to Nov for POTUS with a June primary so the money is needed to buy ads and unless you pay for it yourself SP have become a needed vehicle for underfunded candidates and it is protected speech.  The only other way is to limit how much you can spend on an election and that is truly a 1st amendment issue and would be shot down by SCOTUS. 

Dishonorable is Reserved for The Worst of the worst.

WRONG... Amongst other things, A simple piss test revealing pot use will result in a dishonorable discharge.. That is NOT "worst of the worst".. I'm not say'n dope smokers in the military should get away with it ( and i'm not say'n they shouldn't get away with it either ) .. Not even say'n they shouldn't be dishonorably discharged ( and i'm not say'n they should be discharged at all either ). I'm just say'n their civilian rights should not be stripped away from them..

:D

WRONG... Amongst other things, A simple piss test revealing pot use will result in a dishonorable discharge.. That is NOT "worst of the worst".. I'm not say'n dope smokers in the military should get away with it ( and i'm not say'n they shouldn't get away with it either ) .. Not even say'n they shouldn't be dishonorably discharged ( and i'm not say'n they should be discharged at all either ). I'm just say'n their civilian rights should not be stripped away from them..

Must have been some changes since when I got out.  A guy i served with tested positive for Coke and got "other than honorable" discharge.  

Dishonorable Discharge is but One way of leaving the Services.  Circumstance is added in all But an Honorable Discharge. Inclouding a General.    Dishonorable is Reserved for The Worst of the worst. They can not hold any Government Positions From Mail Man to Elected.  Just as a Convected Felon someone with a Dishonorable Discharge Deserves Nothing Less. Go to any VFW-- Legion -- Vet Home or VA Hospital and ask if they should be able to Vote.  The guy how served Honorably next to Them. I will keep that one in. 

it is not given for Just something that went wrong.  when a General Court Marshal Court finds them Guilty it is no small Offence. 

Just as that scumbag Deserter Should have already been put in front of a firing Squad  Like all those behind him in a time of war. worst he is allowed to still Wear the Uniform with all designations.  So did he just make a Mistake Poor boy who could not handle life in The Military BS Soldiers Died looking for this Scum Bag? Tell their families Something just went wrong he is a good boy.     Guess you can tell Patriotism I wear it every day for my Family members inclouding me That served and some Died  HONORABLY.      

Since you can get dishonorable for something that would not strip you from voting rights as a civilian I do not want to punish people who served.  

Wrong is such a Big word.

A bit of history from 1958-1959 I was stationed in Anacostia DC in the Navy Honor Guard, On this base, was The Navy Brigg and were all Full Court marshals were held and were Once a month 8 of us were chosen to sit in on Court Marshall as Observers Even sworn in. 

I do not know where you get the Idea it is used for Petty or Simple Crimes. 

If you are really interested and want to say I am WRONG   Do a Google Search ( "What is a Dishonorable Discharge in The Military" )

There you will see The Many Discharges that are handed out and how they are decided.  

If you are just a Bleeding heart Linger on The Part " Only Used for --( Heinous Crimes )

Being a Sea Lawyer or Arm Chair Lawyer and say someone is wrong   :hmmmer:  at least have some facts. 

In the Navy, Petty stuff was handled at a Captains Mast and then determined if it should go Furthur. 1st Degree crimes went straight to  Court Marshall After an NCIS investigation.  Having an Opinion is not Fact.  I am surprised My Mentor has not Chimed in on this :up:  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

play nice boys remember this topic was pro trump not against each other. no need to escalate this and have a Dishonorable Discharge on here. lol lol

naw man... that guy insulted my intellect..THIS MEANS WAR!!.. :rant:  :letsparty:  :samurai:  :smash:  :pcwhack:  :fudd:  :super:  :drill:

:D