IGNORED

NJ CRAW FISH ???

We would catch them in Canada as a kid. As a young adult, my friends and I would catch them in the Adirondacks. Tasty creatures, but a lot of effort for the amount of meat.

I grew up in Kansas ... we would catch crawdads to use for bait. I never ate them for the next 40 years ... I don't eat bait (still won't eat sushi). After eating them down South for the past 10 years I finally learned how to whip through them. Looking forward to 5 lbs of spicy crawfish boil with sausage, cob corn, and sausage in a couple of weeks.

Nothing better than fried spearing, end of summer into October the jumbo spearing are in...dredge in flour and fry. Amazing!!

fluke bait LOL last silversides you ate were big bay anchovies 

I love crawfish, if I knew where to get them here in NJ I would eat em till I was sick of em

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I grew up in Kansas ... we would catch crawdads to use for bait. I never ate them for the next 40 years ... I don't eat bait (still won't eat sushi). After eating them down South for the past 10 years I finally learned how to whip through them. Looking forward to 5 lbs of spicy crawfish boil with sausage, cob corn, and sausage in a couple of weeks.

Break down and eat sushi. Some is decent, some is amazing. I've had some hang ups too. Just started eating eel, still won't eat clam sushi, yet love fried clams. Just remember, anything "spicy" is old sushi and they use the spice to hide the lower quality. Although spicy stuff is still great when you want it.

As a kid we use to catch them in the local creeks.....freshwater lobster.......well kinda....

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

I get any live NJ crayfish  - it's going on the hook for giant smallmouths.  I doubt there is a better bait for them.

Why do we call ours Cray and Louisiana calls them Craw?   Diff species, or is it like Taylor Ham vs Porkroll?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….