IGNORED

South Jersey Pipeline?

AGW = Anthropogenic Global Warming (now referred to as "climate change")

It's the idea that modern man is ruining the atmosphere by releasing carbon dioxide (the substance that plants breathe) and that global government can somehow save the earth from this supposed scourge.  Heads of state in our country have in many cases agreed (signed on to the paris agreement, etc) to carry forward United Nations AGW policies here at home.

Here is NASA justifying this garbage:

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

And one of the best dissenting websites:

http://www.climatedepot.com/

Someone mentioned electric cars, but remember that electric cars are recharged daily using mostly coal burning electrical generation plants.  That is very unfortunate for the liberals that scream coal is bad and electric cars are good.

And where do all those old batteries go?

Someone mentioned electric cars, but remember that electric cars are recharged daily using mostly coal burning electrical generation plants.  That is very unfortunate for the liberals that scream coal is bad and electric cars are good.

I love raising that point to people when they brag about their electric cars.

Unless you have solar power at home, you are riding just as dirty as everyone else

How do you define "dirtiest"?  So I guess because you're in favor of NG you must be an advocate of fracking which produces billions of cubic feet of "clean burning" NG and makes the USA the worlds leading producer of NG.   I'm in total support of fracking as it produces both oil and NG and is great for the economy and for the guys who work on and build the rigs and pipes that carry the NG and oil. 

Actually I'm not a big fan of 'fracking' since the companies that do so have yet to devise any methods and fluid compositions that I consider safe enough for the environment to proceed. Should that time come I would be very much in favor of fracking as a safe, inexpensive and reliable manner to extract the resources we presently need to power our lives.

As for those who work in the industry, they surely managed to get along well enough before fracking was invented and with some effort and creativity I'm just a sure they could do so without it. Frankly the fracking industry has proven to be very little financial help to those communities and regions where it takes place.

Watch your tongue mister, you can take my saw when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

attachicon.gifCS.jpg

The liberals will take your saw and tell you: "it's for your own good and the good of the country and we know better because we work for the gov't and are here to help".  Oh, and by the way we will start taxing you for burning things like gas and oil in order to pay to "fix the earth" and we are taking your truck and turning it into a peace sign.

You won't need it anyway since trucks pollute the earth.  

So here's my take on the pipeline. Def all ears tho... this is how I see things.

The pinelands commission is made up of volunteers whose purpose is to "preserve, protect, and enhance the natural and cultural resources of the Pinelands National Reserve, and to encourage compatible economic and other human activities consistent with that purpose". The commission has a set of rules regarding to building in the national reserve...  National Parks and Recreation Act of 1978 and the New Jersey Pinelands Protection Act in 1979. 

So they've set forth rules in which government entities are the only entities that the commission can have an agreement "to disregard the set of rules" to build something (such as infrastructure) which also must directly benefit the local communities of the pinelands.

That in of itself should be enough to shut the pipeline down, as South Jersey Gas is a private company and the gas flowing thru the pipeline doesn't help the local community- it's going to BL England which powers communities outside of the national reserve. Two strikes?

In my opinion, by allowing the pipeline to be built (regardless of the exact ecological impact on the reserve) - sets a dangerous precedent that could be used in the future to build other projects deemed "necessary". Why make it so hard for the average Joe to build in the pinelands when corporate companies can skirt the rules? Why even bother having rules?

“There’s a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.”

In my opinion, by allowing the pipeline to be built (regardless of the exact ecological impact on the reserve) - sets a dangerous precedent that could be used in the future to build other projects deemed "necessary". Why make it so hard for the average Joe to build in the pinelands when corporate companies can skirt the rules? Why even bother having rules?

I think that horse has already left the barn.

Thanks for the answer  :worship:

I wasn't trying to be a jerk but it takes two seconds to Google something like that and my answer was informative in one aspect, so there's that.

Sicrado, you answered your question by posting it,  all you have to do is apply logic and the answer will make itself clear to you. 

All the BS posted here about polluting the earth and "safe enough for the environment to proceed"  really shows that people want a solution until one is found and then they don't want that one either.  The real solution for them is no solution.  Political considerations are at the heart of these decisions and if you look deep enough you'll see that, no matter how much they want to cover it up.  The very same people who are on the NJ Conservation Foundation are the ones who drafted the BS Highlands Act (which had political considerations at it's heart and which  former Gov. McCreevey admitted to in his book) and are also "advisors" on the PPA and members of the Sierra Club etc..NJ is about as corrupt as it gets until the state runs out of money(which is a day that is closer than ever) because you can't raise taxes high enough to pay for the spending.

The idea that you as a landowner/citizen in one area of the state cannot control what you own and have to defer to a BS "council" of BS "trustees" is the anti-thesis of private property rights.  The idea that the same "council" will only grant you the "right" to use your land if it is in the unjustified interest of other people in another area of the state is abhorrent and is exactly why the Revolution was fought.  Hopefully, the owners of land in those areas get their day in front of the SCOTUS and get those acts thrown out.  That day can't come soon enough.   

South Jersey Pipeline vote.... OCEAN CITY, NJ — The Pinelands Commission will hold a final vote on the controversial South Jersey Gas Pipeline that will run through close to a section of the New Jersey Pinelands in Cherry Hill on Friday.

Ocean City Councilman Bob Barr, a member of the commission, has said he will be voting in favor of the pipeline, according to published reports.