IGNORED

Boycott 84 Lumber

Batsto

Screw Anheuser Busch and buy American beer!  They sold out long ago and are no longer a US based company.  Neither are Coors or Miller for that matter.

Agreed 100%! I quit buying A/B products decades ago! Not only are they no longer an American co. the Busch family contributes rather heavily to animal rights orgs. Not an outdoorsman's friend. Yuengling for me every time!

There is a movement to divide this country and a lot of the corporations are buying into it. Especially, the tech industries who are all bent out of shape against Trump and his policy of vetting refugees which is the same as those before him. Must be a hate thing.

what is 84 lumber?

It's a building materials chain. They've been on the slow decline for the past 10 years or so, at least here in the NE. I guess they thought running a controversial piece might get them enough free media attention to boost their sales. Not a very good corporate decision IMHO if that's what it was about. Especially considering that the vast majority of their customers are in construction, a field of work that generally tends towards a more conservative mindset.

Now CBS news is running a fake new story that Lady Liberty is a representation of a Muslim Women.

Well folks that is totally false. She is a Roman Godess that represents Liberty and freedom after the defeat of Carthage during the 2nd Punic War.

I thought that was an odd choice from a business perspective, unless I'm completely wrong about their customer base.

Wouldn't the people buying their crap be construction outfits and tradesman (i.e. typical Trump base)? If so, that commercial seemed positively insane to me. Unless they're trying to appeal to the illegal alien day laborers, lol, but it's not like they're typically the ones making purchasing decisions on their jobs.

One would think. But these people don't live in the real world and think the basic hard working half decent blue collar job type people are a tiny minority

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Chasing the deer that eat your bushes since 2012

You're all wrong. Turns out the CEO of the company is a strong Trump supporter who believes in the wall and if you watch the remainder of the commercial, the mother/daughter see a great "beautiful big door" as Trump called it, for those who want to come here legally. Unfortunately, art is in the eye of the beholder. The way they delivered that commercial led everyone to believe it was in support of immigration of any sort. It backfired! Then again, both left and right are talking about 84Lumber...which is a sign of

advertising success!

1sm260gun1.gif