IGNORED

Trout again! Anyone?

GhostBear

I'll be headed out to the pequest again in just a few minutes, if anyone wants join me I'll be at the TCA, and moving up stream from there, lately I've been doing well outside the TCA on powerbait.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

That's awesome. :up:

Was just talking with my son today about going with the fly rods to the no kill section at the Flatbrook in the next month or so. Can't wait!

Just keep your expectations low on the Flatbrook. This summer saw large stretches of that river completely dewatered with only pools having water in them. Many of the riffle sections were bone dry as the water was flowing subsurface. It's going to take a few years for New Jersey trout fisheries to rebound, and that is only if we have some much needed rains or snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the fish were released, and no, they will not die just from laying on the ground, if they flopped around on the ground then yes they might, but the did not flop around, they layed there for all of 20 seconds to snap the pic then they went back, believe me when I tell you it been fishing my entire life and know with out a doubt, these fish are fine.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Well? On the pequest outside the TCA, it's yellow powerbait! The lower 3 came on that, and I missed 3 others, in just about 3 hours of fishing, over the last few weeks I've been averaging 3 fish there, nearly all on powerbait.

All fish were released.

This is not a DIG nothing intended :up:  

Trout and many other fish have natural slime to protect their bodies from ailments. many States where the use of Guide services in Catch and Release areas. Do not allow even to lift the Trout out of the net in the water to be held for fear of losing that slime. even dictate the material of the net. while some allow you to wet your hands before doing so. 

My whole point is to allow The Trout in your photos to sit on the ground harms them by removing that protective slime and adds to the stress of the fish. :up:  

Again this is not a DIG but a suggestion for the future  And since you said you were fishing the TCA all fish must be released unharmed. Been there done that. Bill 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

That's awesome. :up:

Was just talking with my son today about going with the fly rods to the no kill section at the Flatbrook in the next month or so. Can't wait! 

Right now there are no issues on The Flatbrook concerning water you may encounter some icing along the edges.

I fished it a Couple weeks after the fall stocking some upper sections were not stocked due to extra low Water. But many sections were stocked that had sufficient water And provided great fishing, Might add the fisherman I encountered also Released.  The many Pools that contained Trout had Schools of spooky trout. Due to Clear low water levels and many were stacked like cord wood under the fallen trees and stumps. I also noted the river in the areas we fished had a lot of Bait of all kinds so most were also enjoying the feast due again to low water. I posted photos in another post but here is a few again showing the water levels.

But with some Rain & Snowmelt, there is plenty of water flowing in all sections.  And my opinion there remains plenty Trout to catch and ( Release ) if you so chose I know 3 stretches that hold many that the Fairweather guys pass by. I know this from a few Die Hards that pound the Flatbrook year round.  The tackle shop on 206 N before Stokes office will have the conditions if frozen or not The Number eludes me right now.

The fact that the Flatbrook or any other stocked rivers will suffer next season is no different than previous years. There will be many holdovers and newly stocked Trout to enjoy.  There have been years of spring Low Levels to Flooding but the seasons have endured.   

Might add without spot burning many areas are sweetened with private stockings thru out the Season.

Also remember access is closed on many National Park Roads to some spots and to off road in other areas,  The Trout Fly catch and release is Plowed. but there is no snow as we speak Go Get them.  Bill    

Post 1.jpg

Post2.jpg

Post3.jpg

Post4.jpg

Post5.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif