IGNORED

Hinge cutting

I'd bet my house he has ZERO CLUE that all of the so-called logging being proposed for Sparta Mountain is already going on, has been for decades, and has also been going in at several other State Parks and WMAs in the Highlands region.  

I HATE MORONS LIKE LESNIAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update:

3 days after cutting/ 2 days after minerals were put down I have daylight photos of deer!

I have not had daylight photos or seen deer in the daylight since before thanksgiving.

Once I seen 2 does at last light walk past my bait block.

Very excited for the future here!

20170208_095648.jpg

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Jay, looks like your mineral station is far enough above the water line.  Good job and great to see the property respond so quickly.  While you should treat the new hinge cuts like sanctuary, in a couple of weeks or even after this next snow, take a look at the tracks in that area from all the deer browsing on the tops of the trees you fell on Saturday.  You should be pleasantly surprised! 

Jay, looks like your mineral station is far enough above the water line. Good job and great to see the property respond so quickly. While you should treat the new hinge cuts like sanctuary, in a couple of weeks or even after this next snow, take a look at the tracks in that area from all the deer browsing on the tops of the trees you fell on Saturday. You should be pleasantly surprised!

That's the plan... I don't want the snow but I'm excited to take a peek at the beds and tracks through the fresh browse I'll see.

Update:

3 days after cutting/ 2 days after minerals were put down I have daylight photos of deer!

I have not had daylight photos or seen deer in the daylight since before thanksgiving.

Once I seen 2 does at last light walk past my bait block.

Very excited for the future here!

That's so great to see Jay.  If you build it they will come.  :up:  :up:

Good job and great to see the property respond so quickly.  While you should treat the new hinge cuts like sanctuary,

You have all the ingredients for great deer habitat, food, cover and water.  But like Bucksnbows said, what you do on the property will decide how productive it will be.  If the new bedding areas are treated as a sanctuary and left undisturbed you will have deer hanging on your property during daylight, but if they are pressured they will go somewhere else.  

If it was me, I would have feeders up in the cedars by the house and leave the back of the property as a sanctuary.  I would have my stands midway between the bedding areas and the feeders. 

That's the plan... I don't want the snow but I'm excited to take a peek at the beds and tracks through the fresh browse I'll see.

Great job guys!! Can't wait to see the hard work come together!! :up:

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Update:

Walked today around the property and the closer I got to the downed trees the more sign I seen! Tracks, beds, poop! They are browsing on the fresh browse and hit the mineral site under the snow. Nocturnal photos, but that's on the minerals, who knows what's going on in the fresh browse during daylight.

20170211_173322.jpg20170211_173555.jpg20170211_173651.jpg20170211_173914.jpg

mineral site:20170211_174500.jpg

Prego does:

20170211_174557.jpg