IGNORED

Deer Movement This Week ?

BHC

Thise week with the above temperatures how would you rate deer movement during daylight hours while you hunted? I normally see deer going to work at 4:30am I didn't see one, I sometimes see deer on my way home, I saw a buck at 2:30pm on Sunday near tbe Essex Toll Plaze on the GSP....So just one deer in a week. Also I akways see deer on the grounds where I work, this week not a one.

Just curious on what you observed this week while you hunted.

They could also be in lockdown mode right now.

I have not been out since I tagged out 11/4 but there was a lot of movement and cruising at that time. Also, there were a lot of posts of bucks being harvested the last week or so. From my observations what this tells me is that the does could be receptive and they are holed up with the Bucks being tended. That usually only lasts a few days and then the Bucks are crushing again.

I think in the next couple days you should see cruising activity increase, despite warm temps and moon phase.

I will be heading up tomorrow to NY state for some final hour bow action and then the weekend with the rifle, so I am hoping my observations and theories hold true!

Friday and Saturday are my two last days, next week working everyday and a double on Turkey Day.....may get a chance to hunt black friday.......but I may use that day to adjust my stand location for muzzleloader and shotgun week

I have a group of resident Deer I see everyday. You can usually set your clock by their movement. Yesterday was crazy. They were moving the entire day. Mid day had a Doe walk across the street in front of me. Don't know if the Rut is peaking and the Bucks are just annoying them to death or has something to do with the weather. If you went out yesterday you probably bumped them on the way in.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

I've been in the woods until around 10am everyday  this week and the only deer encounter I had was Monday morning around 5:30 walking into my stand. The thing snorted at me from seemingly right next to me in the dark and then crashed through the woods snorting the whole way. I'm hoping they start moving again, its getting disheartening not even seeing a tail.

I hunted all week, most of the day, each day, except today where I quit around 11 am. I've had pretty good movement each day up until about 9:30 am, then again around 1:30 to 2 pm they start up. It's been all post rut type activity; bucks feeding along in groups of 2 or 3, sometimes feeding with does, sometimes just on their own. I did see a spike cruising by about 1:45 pm yesterday but that deer was the only one exhibiting any of rut-type behavior. Seen the same thing on my cams when I pulled cards today. 

From about October 25 to Nov 12, I had a good bit of grunting and chasing activity seen on cam, and from the stand, as well as driving around. Also saw a few bucks locked down with does on Nov 5, Nov 8 and Nov 11. There should be a good burst of cruising coming up as the big bucks still alive start roaming for the last few does that haven't come into heat. The period right after the major breeding period, when bucks start roaming looking the what's left, can be a great time. They roam far and wide and do it all day long. Could overlap with that cold burst coming next week. The days leading up to Thanksgiving cold be a great time to be in the stand all day. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.