IGNORED

Rusty, it's a really nice tree!

Bucksnbows

For those that followed this thread earlier  https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/topic/2502-a-big-thanks-to-rusty-and-matty/ here's a follow up.  It is a very nice tree for a stand and today proved that again when I took another baldy for the table.  Some stands just beg to be hunted and this is one of them.  A big thanks to Rusty (and Matty) for inviting me, loaning me a crossbow and even gutting and dragging out my deer.  I did my part by not shooting any monsters  :rofl:

A picture of me up in the tree.  Without the invite and the crossbow loaner, I would not have been able to hunt this year for deer after my surgery.

The Tree.jpg

And on Saturday morning, I will pay it forward by taking a youth hunter, a son of one of my buddies, out for youth shotgun deer season on my Sparta property in this blind.   

P1000049.JPG

NICE! 

I have video evidence that I never kicked you. LOL I can't hear though and that's evident on the video. I couldn't hear a word you were saying...I swear I'm not deaf though. First time I heard the conversation was when I played back the video. lol

I'll be out tomorrow with a youth hunter as well. With no private property, I'm hoping for the best on some public land. If anyone remembers Walker, I took him out for his first deer two years ago with the help from some old friends. He's 13 now and hoping for his first buck.

Unfortunately, he was checked hard into the boards head-first and suffered a bad concussion in hockey this year, so he has all day to hunt, where as years past hockey took up most of his time. So the injury sucks, but at least he's gonna get out to hunt. 

Good luck to you guys and anyone else taking the "Yoots" out.

Oh and I would like to get back up there to hunt with you guys if I can. 

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

2017 actually.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear