IGNORED

A big thanks to Rusty and Matty!

As some of you know, I had major open heart surgery just over 5 weeks ago and the doctors told me my hunting season was more or less over before it began for this year.  But Rusty reached out and volunteered both his and Matty's help to get me in the woods.  I borrowed Rusty's crossbow which they had to cock for me (I'm limited to a total of lifting 15lbs and that bow was more than that to cock).  They even generously offered to gut and drag my deer and load them into the back of my SUV!  

So a great big thanks to my fellow hunters, Rusty and Matty!  :kissy:  :whoo:  Thanks for allowing me to salvage some of my hunting season.

That's awesome of Rusty and Matty to step up and get you back out there in the woods! That's something I was hoping creating this site could achieve, members helping each other! Hats off to you guys! :up:

Did you already go on the hunt? Sounds like you borrowed Rusty's crossbow and since they offered to gut and drag your deer and load it up, you scored? Fill us in man! :)

Oh yeah, I put them to work, lol.  But I didn't shoot anything big enough to wrench some back muscles....

And I had to find a new butcher since I can't do that myself as I normally do this year either.  Matty has video, so bug him about posting it ;)  

Rusty reached out and volunteered both his and Matty's help to get me in the woods.

Don't you like the way I volunteered Matt's help without asking him first.  :rofl:

But knowing Matt I knew he wouldn't hesitate to lend a hand.  Although I thought HE was supposed to gut the deer.  :hmmm:    

Brian it was great to finally meet you.  It was a fun day, I'm glad it worked out.  And I think I found a new favorite beer.   :cheers:

Don't you like the way I volunteered Matt's help without asking him first.  :rofl:

But knowing Matt I knew he wouldn't hesitate to lend a hand.  Although I thought HE was supposed to gut the deer.  :hmmm:    

Brian it was great to finally meet you.  It was a fun day, I'm glad it worked out.  And I think I found a new favorite beer.   :cheers:

Let me guess, the wheat beer?   :cheers:

I don't think poor Matty will be as easy the second time....

Seriously, thanks for getting me up in a tree watching for deer.  I never thought in my 38 years hunting I would miss an entire season of small game, bow, shotgun and rifle seasons.  And thanks to the two of you, I won't. :up:  

Might be forever before anyone sees the video. I have been having issues loading it lately. Still trying to show everyone my elk footage. LOL So we should see this hunt by 2017.

As usual, I didn't do much, but glad to have helped any way I can. Rusty did most the work. Glad you were not only able to get out, but put some venison in the freezer too Brian. Good luck with your recovery. 

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear