IGNORED

Need Grinder Recommendations

dlist777

I decided to start processing my own deer this year. I'm looking for a recommendation for a good high quality grinder that has all the attachments. Not looking for a budget product, but don't want to break the bank either....

Any help / advice appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not for nothing, I got a harbor freight special. Made by ship to shore. Paid $56 For it.

I have had it for 7 years now and put 8 deer a year through it. Plus it's used through out year for sausage and hot sticks.

I bought it on a whim thinking it would crap out fast, but no complaints with it.

20151231_114839.jpg

Edited by Roon

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

Thanks all. Just curious, for jerky: is it worth buying a dehydrator or is that a waste (just use oven)?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Dehydrators are worth it.  I have an old Ronco one that still works like a charm.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Saw Smoker-Dehydrator - Jerky Mentioned when in Alaska I learned from an Inuit French Girl my brother had lived with him.  She did Jerky from anything that had 4 legs and Squaw Candy from Salmon. most were smoked and left to air dry. Jerky was just salted while Squaw Candy was a touch of salt then Sugar cured.  Not what most would care for just remember it was Not Snacks it was survival carry food.  Don't even think about the Duck feet and anything from Seals ( GAG GAG )  

Since some mentioned this what are some recipes for Jerky. 

Mine is Kosher Salt Black Pepper Soy sauce onion powder liquid smoke since I cure in my oven. Smoker died many years ago.  plus Pink salt if you plan on keeping it for a long time the amounts are to taste and amount made. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif