IGNORED

Saved a Fawn..

I got a call about a Fawn stuck in a fence. When I got there, her hoof was only hanging on by a thread, right at the first knuckle. I threw a blanket over her head, picked her up and amputated the thin hide that was holding her hoof on. After that I call up a friend who got in touch with Antler Ridge Rehab I brought her over there. The bone was sticking out about 3 inches or so. I'm sure she will be good to be released after she gets healed up. She was acting very alert and normal during the entire process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a call about a Fawn stuck in a fence. When I got there, her hoof was only hanging on by a thread, right at the first knuckle. I threw a blanket over her head, picked her up and amputated the thin hide that was holding her hoof on. After that I call up a friend who got in touch with Antler Ridge Rehab I brought her over there. The bone was sticking out about 3 inches or so. I'm sure she will be good to be released after she gets healed up. She was acting very alert and normal during the entire process.

Nice job! Anywhere near by?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You did a good deed. I saved a fawn one time so I thought and brought it to antler ridge and then took 6 of the fawns for release in August. Everyone of them was eaten by coyotes.  My wife named them which is a no no because once you do that there is an attachment. It broke her heart. I was naive.  From my experience and research there is very little hope for a deer with a human imprint. Not trying to piss on your parade but they have a better chance just being left in nature. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

I agree with you 100%. The fawn was was stuck in there for probably around 2 days based on the maggots,the wound that was starting to heel and the ground that was disturbed around her. I'm sure if it's not a yote it's a car. Hate to say it.