IGNORED

The Rompala Buck Fact Or Fiction

Zipper

Makes no sense in his interview he had no problem discussing his other record bucks before he killed the  world record???. He even walked around his mounts and told little stories. But this one nothing.  And i really doubt he is such a nice guy he doesn't want to take away from the money and recognition that milo received considering the dude lives in Canada. That picture of the wing is the best!

He said he shot it. He video taped the walk up. A game warden was present when he removed it from the woods. 3 different scorers handled the rack and said it was real. Now you want to talk about floppy ears that don't look right? Or that the ground around the deer was undisturbed? Lol

The antlers are discolored in the initial picture. Many believe the skull was split and bondo was used to put the skull plate together. No one ever inspected the skull plate. That would clear it up in a hurry.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

Who in their right mind would not want to clear their name and silence naysayers with just one X-ray? I don't wanna hear that crap about him being too "humble" and doesn't want any attention on a work record class buck. I call bull crap. And look at the thing, it's brow times are damn near as wide as his ears! I think a few of his other deer were fabricated antlers as well. Milo Hansen sued him and said he had to put up or shut up. He shut up, and went away. For good reason, too

No this is. And doesn't look nearly as ridiculous

The irony is that the picture you posted are reproduction(fake) antlers by Antlers by Klaus. lol  I know the Hanson buck is real though.  Some say it was not shot the way he said though.  I heard one of him shooting it out of is house in his PJ's.  I guess there will be all kinds of vicious rumors around any big buck.

Edited by Nomad

Mitch is a incredible bowhunter. Not a very social person and always hunted alone. This guy would stalk the bucks and try to get their pics with a hand camera before he would hunt them. He has shot countless amount of trophy bucks. Mitch has 2 All time state record bucks from 2 different states and Tops his Michigan record. You have a better chances of getting hit by lighting. Milo was making money off his world record buck from a scent product company and i believe Mitch was paid to not register his buck. I learned of Mitch back in the early 90's through Ted Nugent when Ted sponsored a archery range being built in Howell nj. He inspired me to bow hunt hard and the meaning of time spent sacrifice. Leg work and many hours of observation during a period of no cams or bait. Mitch hunted a lot of big woods which takes years to learn the terrain and the migration food sources. Why he made it public and not pursue the world record, I am in no better thoughts then the ones that criticize. The antler are just as fake as they are real. No one can prove that they are not real antlers. Only a few will ever know the truth.  

Edited by Howell boy

Care to elaborate? There seems to be an overwhelming amount of evidence that says it's fake and virtually no evidence to prove otherwise.

I don't know if it's real or fake but the evidence actually points to it being real. Speculation, accusations and questions (many of which have rational answers, but some don't) raise suspicion that it's fake. Eye witnesses at the time of the kill, including a conservation officer, 3 respected scorers and a well known, respected outdoor writer who held the rack and said it's real, and the video would count as evidence. Floppy ears, discolored antlers, and a strange character who shot it are not evidence, they are conspiracy theories. If it's real, Mitch didn't do himself any favors by the way he acted but I've seen people do stranger things.

Again, could be fake but think about this...EVERYONE who has seen the rack in person and held it, including people who are wardens, scorers and reputable writers, say it's real, and everyone who says it's fake has never seen or held it. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.