IGNORED

Arrived in Maryland and things are looking good

jerseybowhunter

Tuesday morning I sat the stand where I had a nice 8pt on cam at 1030 a few days before and the big 10pt and a few other shooters, had a doe blow before light, then another an hour later way off in the other direction, at 930 I had a huge bodied buck cruise by at 50yds but couldn't see horns through the brush, tried grunting but he was on a mission. Gave that spot a rest and went to the spot where I have the kicker 9pr that evening, it was quiet until dark when I had a mamma and 2 yearlings walk by. Yesterday morning I bumped one walking in by my stand in the dark and didn't see anything all morning, started raining so I climbed down around 930 and scouted a new piece I found last month when hanging cameras but ran out of time to scout. The light rain was perfect to wash my scent away and this property is a lot more of what I'm used to back home in south jersey. Open hardwoods with a lot of oaks that boarder some thick hollys and a swamp. Found a spot on the edge of the hardwoods and thick stuff on an old forest trail that was tore up, half a dozen fresh scrapes and rubs everywhere. Some real worn in runs coming out of the thick stuff too so I came back with my climber for the evening sit. At 4 I had 2 yearlings come out and hang around browsing for an hour then right at dark had a doe and yearling come by at 20yds with a spike trailing them. Love it when you find a spot and it works out for you, just wish a big boy will do the same. I'm back in the same spot this morning