IGNORED

Hunting out of state Big Woods never hunted before

JHbowhunter

if I get an invite I'll take ya striper fishing in Sandy hook or Robert moses park on fire island it's a hot bite

The fella that's invited me is allowed one guest - sorry smokey

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Probably a post on Ohio hunting forums asking if they are crazy for inviting a jersey boy to come hunt with them lol.

Your gonna get laughed at if you shown up in your top end camo.. better run to Walmart and get a flannel and change into your camo in the woods where no one will see you lol.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Vinton County is home to many big bucks. I hunted Ohio for a decade in Athens, Meigs, Muskingum and Licking counties. You are in the ballgame to encounter a BOONER. I would listen to the local knowledge of your hosts. During the rut it's all about pinch points and funnels. In rough terrain I key in on the top of steep drainages. Sooner or later a good buck will come in range. Good luck Jack, be prepared to sit all day. Some of my biggest bucks were killed between 10am to 2pm.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

The other 3 guys that will be in camp with me have been hunting that land for 30 years - I will follow their lead but I definitely plan on hunting more with the climber. My theory is every buck on that land 4.5+ years old knows where the existing stands are. I got a pack of two-sided trail markers that you stick in side of tree so you can find your way in dark and way out in dark for starters. Once I zone in on a good rub/scrape line that is where I will be especially if it coincides with white oak acorn concentrations. All day sits are brutal, but I expect to do several. Making mental note to put some TP in the backpack before I forget...

I shot a big 10pt once….

I don't think you will have problems hunting with people from the internet. Long before a hunt even starts, there is usually a lot of conversation and you pretty much can tell if the guy is a whack job or it is a guy you could hunt with. I have met a few good people on hunting sites. I have also gave them invites to hunt my farm in Illinois. I had one guest from NJH year before last hunt with me in Illinois, he is going again for this years shotgun season in Illinois and we are both hunting Iowa for the first time, I have another guy from NJWW and NJH tagging along for a bowhunt in Illinois within the next 2 weeks. I believe you have also received the invite. As far as the shower goes Jack, I have done some remote hunts in Alaska and BC. The whole no showering thing for 10 - 14 days freaks me out. Check out a company called Zodi. I purchased this product and let me tell you it was the best piece of equipment next to my sleeping bag and my gun/bow that I had. https://www.overstock.com/Emergency-Preparedness/Portable-Showers/28117/subcat.html?featuredproduct=7499280&featuredoption=10276123&cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14941734-000-000&gclid=COuDpMC06M8CFY1ahgodmKoNzA&gclsrc=aw.ds I bought the single one being weight restricted flying on float planes in and out

Tom - always appreciate the invites, we will definitely do a hunt together someday, as I would with Zipper (we had a blast Fluke fishing and I somehow made it home in one piece to hunt and fish another day). That shower thing looks awesome, just don't know about the water supply. I think the Circle-K shower sounds about right, will hit that mid-day every other day and I have a few packs of scent-away wipes for those all-day sits. I probably should have invested in an ozonics after all..

I shot a big 10pt once….

no worries I got a place in Ohio the mrs family they all hunt and have a farm plus I got a place in Illinois and south Missouri I'm just too lazy to drive out there oh yea I forgot 180 up in ny too in Broome County smokester is just lazy my hunts now are to set up the mrs here