IGNORED

Turkey Hunting contest Score Board and Stories

Turkeyboy44

after pg. 3 it feels a little like home on njh lol lol

Most of the njh contests ran pretty smooth. With the exception of a few of the deer contests. [emoji14]

Great birds guys! Congrats! :up:

Edited by bill43

Nice bird drop tine but your bird will not count because you have already used your up grade

Where does it say you can only up grade once in your rules...

as per YOUR own contest rules...

You can upgrade your bird if you shoot a larger one. If you have more then one permit.

that's what the rules say... AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ON HERE AND EVERYWHERE ELSE... Ive been in contest for more years then I can count NONE including this one say only one up grade aloud... you shoot a better bird you up grade... WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING A CONTEST AND UPGRADING IF YOU CAN'T UP GRADE DURING THE RUNNING SEASON IF YOU SHOOT A BIGGER BIRD THEN WHAT'S THE POINT... all turkey and deer contest have always allowed continued up grading during the season at a minimal if you are gonna be the only contest to come up with try this lame rule you should at a minimum state it in your rules so I and everyone else knows better to sign up in your contest...

where is NJfarmgirl or Matty ? they knew how to run a contest.... this guy makes rules up as he goes...

Edited by Drop Tine

}}}--I certainly do chase New Jersey's BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Bow Buck to date; 2011 Gross; 142 6/8
Best Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
Best Northern Pike to date; 40" (Passaic River Pike )
Best Muskie to date; (The hunt begins)

It was asked in the Rules topic, and answered back on 03/29/2016

Link:  https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/topic/7512-turkey-hunting-contest-sign-up-and-rules/?p=67486

I agree that unlimited upgrades makes more sense, but the time to bring that up was during the contest rules thread discussion.

Something definitely to consider next time, as I can see the initial/first rules post being referenced and it's unclear there.

Capture.PNG

razz.gif

Edited by Drop Tine

razz.gif

Edited by Drop Tine

Matt never saw nor read the thread about the make them up rules... like most people I went to the contest thread and read the actual rules as stated in the contest thread... they say nothing at all about a one time up grade NO contest any where on the net or in sport-stores limits you up grade ability...  that you back this ass hole only tells all I need to know... LATER !

Paul, the image I included was from the contest rules thread.  I included a link to it.

Rules

1) Must be an Eastern turkey

2) you can upgrade your bird if you shoot a larger one. If you have more then one permit

3)Scoring will be based on the NWTF scoring system. To be entered users must show pictures detailing spurs and beard length with a tape messure. Please include a story of your harvest. For states that use check in sheets (like New Jersey) please include a picture of that as well. Here is the link to NWTF scoring page. I will Score your Turkey if you do not know how to do so

Silly me going according to the actual rules instead of reading thru the thread to find out about a added sub rule that cancels out the actual premise of the stated rule...

seems pretty stupid not to actually include this new one time upgrade rule in the rules as they are written instead of stating that we can up grade if you shoot a larger bird..should read as;  you can upgrade your bird "one time" if you shoot a larger one. If you have more then one permit

I withdraw myself from this contest...  "Sorry Frank " aka (Bear) for the record buddy had another decent year with 5 total , best being a good bird @ NWTF Score of 66..... was 19 lbs... 11" beard... 1 1/4 spurs...

Edited by Drop Tine

why wouldnt everyone wait to upgrade till the last day

I think like most people whom participate in these turkey contest here and on other sites I would have if I knew about this sub-rule of only a one time up grade... never seen or been in a turkey or deer contest that allows for only a one time upgrade... that's a new one on me... especially since it's not actually stated in the contest rules themselves...

Edited by Drop Tine

Well let's give Turkeyboy an opportunity to respond.

I'm not clear on the single upgrade rule either, nor what would preclude someone from just entering their biggest bird at the end.

I may have missed that entries need to be submitted the week the bird is killed, otherwise someone could wait until the end.

It's also obviously feasible hunters weren't aware of the single upgrade rule given it was in the replies of the Contest Rules thread and not in the first post stating the (initial) rules.

Both SS and Droptine (who hunt all season long) weren't aware of this rule and would have likely NOT submitted an upgraded bird (or any bird) until they knew it was their definitive biggest.

Nevertheless, rather than making this not enjoyable by arguing, let's focus on clarifying the rules and learning from the confusion for future contests.

Remember this is supposed to be for fun :)

FWIW, I do think allowing multiple upgrades is the best option because it promotes more submissions and sharing of pictures, hunts, and turkeys taken versus hunters "holding back" entries or posts due to the limitations.

Exactly Matt...Thanks for understanding were I'm coming from...but I still withdraw from the contest...

Edited by Drop Tine