IGNORED

Charter and Head Boat Fishing Reports

Charter and Head Boat Fishing Reports  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy the Charter and Head Boat Fishing Reports and want to keep them on the site?

• Yes, I look at them often and enjoy seeing the daily reports
    • No, I fish but don't care about seeing the daily reports. I just wind up putting that forum on ignore.
    • No, they are of little interest to me because I don't fish. I just wind up putting that forum on ignore.

Taking a poll as I recently took down the Charter and Head Boat Fishing Reports due to the broken image links.  Before I invest in another solution, I wanted to take a poll to see who is actually reading them or interested in seeing them to gauge whether the cost is worth it.  Please vote in the poll when you get a chance! :up:

20 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I blocked that section . Rather see reports from guys actually fishing that post here .

not be one over run by the head boat reports 

I guess the "value" comes down to whether the fishing reports offer insights to those who do not fish as often as you may and/or give them a "confidence" level of a boat to fish with.  You have insights they do not given your experience and network of contacts.  So I see both sides of the value equation.  The ignore feature is perfect for this situation as those who aren't interested can filter these reports out.  However if there's only a couple people who are regularly looking at these, it's probably not worth the cost to bring these in daily.  There's also the entertainment value, which I personally enjoy seeing the daily results of "how boats did" in different parts of the state without having to go outside this site, similar to how you like to see member reports (which I also enjoy seeing).

6 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

I blocked that section . Rather see reports from guys actually fishing that post here .

not be one over run by the head boat reports 

Agreed

"think how dumb the average person is, then remember half of them are dumber than that"

6 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

I guess the "value" comes down to whether the fishing reports offer insights to those who do not fish as often as you may and/or give them a "confidence" level of a boat to fish with.  You have insights they do not given your experience and network of contacts.  So I see both sides of the value equation.  The ignore feature is perfect for this situation as those who aren't interested can filter these reports out.  However if there's only a couple people who are regularly looking at these, it's probably not worth the cost to bring these in daily.  There's also the entertainment value, which I personally enjoy seeing the daily results of "how boats did" in different parts of the state without having to go outside this site, similar to how you like to see member reports (which I also enjoy seeing).

I don't look at them.  Let's be honest. They aren't going to post negative reports. Which I totally understand. A Capt isn't going to tell you NOT to fish. Lol. 

Just like a bait shop....they are gonna tell you fish aren't biting. Especially if they just got 300lbs of bunker and an igloo cooler full of surf clams.  

;)

Just now, Swamprat said:

I don't look at them.  Let's be honest. They aren't going to post negative reports. Which I totally understand. A Capt isn't going to tell you NOT to fish. Lol. 

Just like a bait shop....they are gonna tell you fish aren't biting. Especially if they just got 300lbs of bunker and an igloo cooler full of surf clams.  

;)

Depends on the captain. Some do post honest reports daily. Good or bad.