IGNORED

Trout fishing question

6 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

They absolutely do , because your clothes get soaked . Wearing a wading belt slows that water intake down .it also allows you to upright yourself easier if your feet get down current 

put a carthardt hood in your washing machine after wash has started try and lift it out .their us a huge weight difference from just being wet to being saturated .

its not the same premise as having water under a wet suit .

There have been many studies and tests.  You do not get pulled under.  Again wet in the water weighs as much as the water around you you are neutral .  You would be in the same situation with the shirt without waders. Possibly worse.

Edited by vdep217

6 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

There have been many studies and tests.  You do not get pulled under

You’re not getting pulled under because of the water in the waders . It’s due to the water in the waders saturating your clothes .

and open waders get you pushed harder down stream if your feet go down current .

last thing you want is your feet down current with open waders .

get your foot logged , that’s when you will drown 

ever pull in a drift sock or sea anchor ? Neutral weight my ass 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

You’re not getting pulled under because of the water in the waders . It’s due to the water in the waders saturating your clothes .

and open waders get you pushed harder down stream if your feet go down current .

https://www.sexyloops.com/articles/killerwader.shtml

5 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Drift sock is designed to create resistance.   Jump in water wearing clothes than jump in with clothes and waders there is little difference 

3 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

You’re not reading what I wrote. I didn’t state the water drags you down .

its the difficulty of your body being in cased wet clothing .

and the drag created by the current pulling you faster down stream .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

Just now, hammer4reel said:

You’re not reading what I wrote. I didn’t state the water drags you down .

its the difficulty of your body being in cased wet clothing .

and the drag created by the current pulling you faster down stream .

Wich is why I stated that panic is what causes issues.  Relax don't panic and you will drift to a safe spot to exit

5 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Drift sock is designed to create resistance.   Jump in water wearing clothes than jump in with clothes and waders there is little difference 

In a pond there would be no difference , in a river with water running into your waders it’s a huge difference 

‘’you wanna drift downriver to a safe spot.

i just stand up and keep fishing .

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

In a pond there would be no difference , in a river with water running into your waders it’s a huge difference 

Yes.  But as I said if you relax and float not panic you will drift to a safe spot to exit.  Yes wearing clothes like u stated makes it harder to swim but relaxing will minimize exhaustion

When a gentleman drowned in the Beaverkill some years back he was wearing neoprene waders.   He stepped in a hole over his head.  He fell backwards.   His feet floated up to the sky.  The current was strong and the water a few feet deep.  He couldn’t roll over or get up and the weight of his wet clothes kept his upper body underwater while his legs were up.   Sort of washed down river almost upside down     Wading scares me.  I try and not go in past my belly if it’s slow.  If it’s fast. Maybe thigh high 

13 minutes ago, fab said:

When a gentleman drowned in the Beaverkill some years back he was wearing neoprene waders.   He stepped in a hole over his head.  He fell backwards.   His feet floated up to the sky.  The current was strong and the water a few feet deep.  He couldn’t roll over or get up and the weight of his wet clothes kept his upper body underwater while his legs were up.   Sort of washed down river almost upside down     Wading scares me.  I try and not go in past my belly if it’s slow.  If it’s fast. Maybe thigh high 

Even more reason to fish from the bank. :rofl: