IGNORED

He’s A Survivor

18 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

He won't last long sitting out in the open of a field. 

He’s got some thick hedgerows close by . But the odds are not good for a pen raised bird. 

40 minutes ago, Russ 11 said:

He’s got some thick hedgerows close by . But the odds are not good for a pen raised bird. 

If they don't get picked off quickly, they usually smarten up. They can go a while but eventually will fall prey to one of many predators on the ground or in the air. 

3 minutes ago, archer36 said:

If they don't get picked off quickly, they usually smarten up. They can go a while but eventually will fall prey to one of many predators on the ground or in the air. 

I know of a cuvy of quail that are no where near a stocking area and have been there for years

22 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I know of a cuvy of quail that are no where near a stocking area and have been there for years

If they have "been there for years" then they are wild birds. Quite different than a pen raised bird. In all the years I have belonged to a Semi-wild Club, there is NO evidence of stocked birds breeding. If they did, you would eventually come across immature birds.  

Just now, archer36 said:

If they have "been there for years" then they are wild birds. Quite different than a pen raised bird. In all the years I have belonged to a Semi-wild Club, there is NO evidence of stocked birds breeding. If they did, you would eventually come across immature birds.  

Places like bent creek and cranberryhallfarm breed their own birds.  People buy birds all the time so they could produce.  In fact the last few weeks of the semi wild season the birds usually don't fly because the gens have eggs and males are looking for tge hens. 

7 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Places like bent creek and cranberryhallfarm breed their own birds.  People buy birds all the time so they could produce.  In fact the last few weeks of the semi wild season the birds usually don't fly because the gens have eggs and males are looking for tge hens. 

I really don't understand the point you are trying to make. :hmmmer:

Edited by archer36

44 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

They do not breed there own birds they buy day olds and pen raise them