IGNORED

Lamiglas LCS9MS reel

CJ3a

3 hours ago, vdep217 said:

I've bent three spindles on my stradic

And your Van Staal's all good? You're using VS? Which one, on what rod(s)? I'm actually contemplating a Van Steal simply because how many times I end up skishing or close to it

Just now, JFC1 said:

And your Van Staal's all good? You're using VS? Which one, on what rod(s)? I'm actually contemplating a Van Steal simply because how many times I end up skishing or close to it

I'm running the vr 200 with bailess kit on an 11ft 1 inch odm nex 1 3/4-4oz.  I fish chest deep alot and it's nice to just drop in water to deal with the fish

20220411_120934.jpg

IMG_20230414_014952228.jpg

1 hour ago, JFC1 said:

Have you looked into Visser? A lot of guys like them better than VanStyles.

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

The owner of visser is the same guy that started van staal

I didn’t know that,  just been reading about them on a surf fishing site, and a lot of guys saying how they’re superior to VanStahl.

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

I didn’t know that,  just been reading about them on a surf fishing site, and a lot of guys saying how they’re superior to VanStahl.

I haven't had the opportunity to handle a visser.  But I have handled z bass (also started by the same guy)  when you venture into the completely sealed reel designed to be underwater in salt smooth is not really a priority nor a reality.  While I feel the vs vr series is slightly smoother than the vs it's no where near as smooth as my saragosa.  I'm on my 4th season with my vr and it's still going strong.

The vs is on my 11ft 1 odm I use fir wading and most of the time I'm chest deep and the reel is under water alot.  I have a 10 ft baby ula I use on the beach that my saragosa is on that dosnt get wet any more.  I used to pack it every couple trips with grease.

I have been looking for a sealed reel for my back bay Fenwicks I'm just torn do I go with another vs or try out the tsunami salt x.  I've heard good things.  But I'm not sure about it standing up to the abuse I may put it through

14 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I haven't had the opportunity to handle a visser.  But I have handled z bass (also started by the same guy)  when you venture into the completely sealed reel designed to be underwater in salt smooth is not really a priority nor a reality.  While I feel the vs vr series is slightly smoother than the vs it's no where near as smooth as my saragosa.  I'm on my 4th season with my vr and it's still going strong.

The vs is on my 11ft 1 odm I use fir wading and most of the time I'm chest deep and the reel is under water alot.  I have a 10 ft baby ula I use on the beach that my saragosa is on that dosnt get wet any more.  I used to pack it every couple trips with grease.

I have been looking for a sealed reel for my back bay Fenwicks I'm just torn do I go with another vs or try out the tsunami salt x.  I've heard good things.  But I'm not sure about it standing up to the abuse I may put it through

My primary surf rod is a Lami GSB 11 foot paired with a Saragusa.  I’m usually throwing 3.5 ounce metal lips off the surf with it. Barely getting my feet wet most times.

Edited by Nomad

16 minutes ago, Nomad said:

My primary surf rod is a Lami GSB 11 foot paired with a Saragusa.  I’m usually throwing 3.5 ounce metal lips off the surf with it. Barely getting my feet wet most times.

Surf I'm normally not getting wet unless I'm swimming or wading to a sandbar

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

The owner of visser is the same guy that started van staal

I actually meant z-bass.  That's the reel people were favoring over VanStaal.

4 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I didmt get out on surf much.  20 lbs was biggest of surf.  In bay caught alot up to 30ish but had a ton of fish

Are you fishing off the shore in the bay?

3 hours ago, JFC1 said:

My honest opinion, Ive fished with Van’s and they’re clunky, some guys love them but same as Avet conventionals… clunky as hell yet some guys love them. I have gone through a multitude of reels and still like the BG’s best. They’re tough, smooth and dependable. In reality you can fish one for 3 years, throw it out and buy a new one and 10 years from now you’ll still not have spent as much as buying 1 Van . That being said the OP picked up a Penn and I am sure he will be happy with it

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM

2 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

My honest opinion, Ive fished with Van’s and they’re clunky, some guys love them but same as Avet conventionals… clunky as hell yet some guys love them. I have gone through a multitude of reels and still like the BG’s best. They’re tough, smooth and dependable. In reality you can fish one for 3 years, throw it out and buy a new one and 10 years from now you’ll still not have spent as much as buying 1 Van 

I bought a BG for my son's surf rod.  2 years now and no problems, very smooth also. Can't beat the price.