IGNORED

Wharton Road Closure Vote February 26th

For All that would like to attend the Vote that will possibly close recreational roads through Wharton meeting is on Monday February 26th at Tabernacle Firehouse 6:30pm . Below is info I’m just sharing & Attached is the link for the petition if you’d like to sign as well , only takes a minute and could use your support . 

https://opentrailsnj.org/petition/#

image.thumb.png.de003b55e493f278f08855d8884647f8.png
always is amazing how society can’t police the criminals so we'll punish and police everyone… 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Nanuk

I don't think that's a vote that will possibly close recreational roads through Wharton -- that meeting there seems like it is a local town meeting (Tabernacle) - NOT a DEP meeting - to vote on whether the town should pass a resolution to oppose the proposed Wharton map. I don't think the DEP public comment period has even ended yet (see here).

8 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

I don't think that's a vote that will possibly close recreational roads through Wharton -- that meeting there seems like it is a local town meeting (Tabernacle) - NOT a DEP meeting - to vote on whether the town should pass a resolution to oppose the proposed Wharton map. I don't think the DEP public comment period has even ended yet (see here).

You are correct but you do not need to be resident of the the town to sign the petition, anyone that uses the trail system may sign and support the opposition. If you read the list of Signatures people are from all over the state. 

Signed. If I lived near Wharton…I would have lots of spots in there, & I would be outraged by this. I always wanted to learn more about the area. 

why do they close the roads?  ATVs, truck muddin’, raves, dumping, etc??  They should be able to have the resources to enforce the regs instead of punishing the law abiding citizens. Assign more patrol, get support from surrounding jurisdictions/NJSP/F&W, all for a grassroots neighborhood watch/volunteer type of project to report unlawful activity 

13 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Signed. If I lived near Wharton…I would have lots of spots in there, & I would be outraged by this. I always wanted to learn more about the area. 

why do they close the roads?  ATVs, truck muddin’, raves, dumping, etc??  They should be able to have the resources to enforce the regs instead of punishing the law abiding citizens. Assign more patrol, get support from surrounding jurisdictions/NJSP/F&W, all for a grassroots neighborhood watch/volunteer type of project to report unlawful activity 

Basically for all the aforementioned reasons and nothing to do with the people who actually utilize the area in the capacities it is there for. I've hunted it a few times for deer and turkey in vastly different areas as the crow flies. Always somebody or a group driving around doing nothing for the sake of nothing. Can be really frustrating because lot of the area is very cool to just explore aside from hunting. 

It's no different than some of the WMAs that have issues with people not using the areas for their intended purposes. Everyone just points fingers as to who is responsible for enforcement, which they all lack the ability to do and the can gets kicked down the road at our expense. Easier for them to just restrict access for everyone than cherry pick who is in the right and wrong.