IGNORED

Moultrie Mobile Edge Pro Cellular Trail Camera

Gman

Hey Guys and Gals, 

I'm running for the first time ever a cellular trail cam.  I set it up as recommended by a member here with a HME solar panel. 

I know it's been cloudy for like a week but yesterday I got the notification that the battery died.  Question is do you think it was stolen? I mean it would be simple to sneak in behind the camera and disconnect the solar panel.  Yes they were both cable locked to the tree but still easy to cut and steal.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, yesterday I ordered a lithium power pack and Friday I will go out to the camera and see what's up. 

Do you think if the sun comes out it will power back on, or do I have to reset all the parameters after power was lost? 

Thanks for your help and advice. 

5 minutes ago, Turkeyslayer said:

but if the battery died

There are no batteries in the camera, the solar panel has lithium batteries that are charged by the panel, so I expect if the sun ever comes out again that the batteries will recharge...

13 minutes ago, Gman said:

Hey Guys and Gals, 

I'm running for the first time ever a cellular trail cam.  I set it up as recommended by a member here with a HME solar panel. 

I know it's been cloudy for like a week but yesterday I got the notification that the battery died.  Question is do you think it was stolen? I mean it would be simple to sneak in behind the camera and disconnect the solar panel.  Yes they were both cable locked to the tree but still easy to cut and steal.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, yesterday I ordered a lithium power pack and Friday I will go out to the camera and see what's up. 

Do you think if the sun comes out it will power back on, or do I have to reset all the parameters after power was lost? 

Thanks for your help and advice. 

Squirrels and coons  can pull cord pretty easily .

solar panels need pretty much direct unobstructed sunlight to work correctly . Any shading on a solar panel highly decreases their outputs .

field edges they work awesome  . Inside woodlines they are much more fickle 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

19 minutes ago, Gman said:

Hey Guys and Gals, 

I know it's been cloudy for like a week but yesterday I got the notification that the battery died. 

I am running the HME Solar Panel with the Edge as well. I plugged in the solar panel and made sure the lithium battery was fully charged (all the lights lit up) before attaching it to the Edge.

Been at 100% since October. 

I’m running solar panel on Covert cam since May of last year. I’m in the woods with direct sunlight only +_ 3 to 4 hrs/day. It is still working…. But panels and cameras are not equal. In the same place I run a feeder with a tiny solar panel and it too is working without running out of juice for months now. 
BTW disconnecting the solar panel does  not disable your camera since it runs on batteries. 
However, I think one can steal the camera without picture getting to the owner. You simply have to turn the camera off before transmission. 

4 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

BTW disconnecting the solar panel does  not disable your camera since it runs on batteries. 

There are no batteries in the camera...there is an external battery in the solar panel....