IGNORED

Raccoon

I’m not a “so called expert” but I would think since your hide comes up on the sides and isn’t a straight line all the way around you’re gonna get docked on size, since it’s measured to the highest point. It would be graded as a 33” coon instead of a 36” coon. But I could be wrong. Anyone else have any insight on this? 

I ain't no expert either, just a deplorable that has put up a few coons.

I would put it back on the beam and get more of the bumps of grizzle and fat off. It's almost there. Sharpen your knife and change the angle a bit. If the leather has started to dry a bit, wrap the hide in a warm, moist towel to rehydrate before going back on the beam.

I only use wire on coons so I can't give much on the boarding but it does look a bit narrow.

You want the leather clean and smooth like these,

KIMG0933.thumb.JPG.03c2e2b6006e1ab722c10a7a2ebebb39.JPGKIMG0934.thumb.JPG.0c09189ea7b764461b849d389581a203.JPG

KIMG0935.thumb.JPG.d6ab84419ce45e6aef0f0df73088443e.JPGKIMG0949.thumb.JPG.e213f9f740c950107b017b7c11e4651a.JPG

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

• 3 weeks later...