IGNORED

Scope Covers

LanceinNJ

10 hours ago, Joint Venture said:

All Leupold scopes, all threaded Leupold covers.  Not cheap, but flawless performance for me.  Visually attractive also…

I have a few with the threaded covers. Pretty, but some of the older versions were not weatherproof.

Butler creek, I have been using them for as long as I can remember and never had an issue with one freezing up, a quick flip open and a dead deer.  The full  covers are a PIA there is to much movement on you part to take them off before a shot and you risk the deer seeing that movement

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

58 minutes ago, bushden said:

Butler creek, I have been using them for as long as I can remember are never had an issue with on freezing up, a quick flip open and a dead deer.  The full  covers are a PIA there is to much movement on you part to take them off before a shot and you risk the deer seeing that movement

What do you do with them when it’s not raining ? Take them off?

Edited by Nomad

Tree stand umbrella is amazing in the rain or snow.   Heavy wet snow u will need to push off the build up from time to time 

I always hang my gun with the barrel down for safety reasons god forbid the gun falls out of the tree.  

I use the neoprene bootie.  Leave it on till I need it off.   

I still wear goretex. But don’t ever not use the umbrella.    

1 hour ago, electric10162 said:

If you're left handed:hmmmer:

Yes! And after I sent that message, it occurred to me that a right-handed shooter would not have this problem! (well, at least its a problem with a left-handed bolt action gun).

Yet one more problem a left-handed person has in the shooting world ;) 

Edited by mazzgolf

44 minutes ago, Nomad said:

What do you do with them when it’s not raining ? Take them off?

I leave them on all the time. It also helps protect the glass. Walking through brush and thick stuff, it's nice knowing you have a cover on protecting the glass from getting scratched from sticks or thorns or whatever. It also helps just to keep dirt and debris off the glass (like when you lay the gun on the ground or against a tree, the dirt stays off the glass).

Just a flick of a finger for the objective, and a press of a button for the eyepiece, and you can quickly flip both open when you need to take a shot. I don't even remember doing it with my muzzy deer I shot a few months ago, you can do it so fast without thinking about it.

11 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Meh.. now you are holding something in your hand while you shoot. Unless you just drop it to the ground (of course then you'll forget it in the excitement, especially if you have to quickly get up and move for a followup shot :)).

Whatever you prefer, drop it on the ground, stuff in your jacket pocket, depending on the situation.