IGNORED

11/13 Check In

Greybeard

3 hours ago, Greybeard said:

It's  that bad, especially here. Getting harder to travel a mile to find anything, even sign, with my knees falling apart. I was never one to sit behind a house. Will get January bow to finish the season and for fall bow next year. Then take it from there. I'll  still be out with just the camera. Discouraging to pay the price when there's  no deer thanks to mismanagement. At the point where I  don't  want to give the State money if managment for hunting is not there priority.

I have a friend hunting there and he sent me three videos of very good bucks before he shot a doe there. You may be in the wrong area of HP.

20231113_1140371.thumb.jpg.5004cb5e885fc57d04e56e0f99216b21.jpgThat's my mule that came to pull him out for me from on top of the hill in the background.  I knew if I made PBJ sandwiches to stay all day I would probably get something in the morning.  That hill is a lot steeper than it looks in the pic.  Doe had 3 embryos.  F the States mandated EAB.  Donated the doe for PBA venison dinner.  Got to find a spot closer to the road for tonight.  Big buck sign is too far back and I really don't care that much anymore how big bucks are.  I wanted to shoot a smaller doe to make the drag easier but she came first and too close to risk not getting the EAB.  Enjoyed tracking her.  Was wagging my tail like a dog searching for first blood.  She didn't bleed much on the outside.  Was a little worried at first.

3 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I have a friend hunting there and he sent me three videos of very good bucks before he shot a doe there. You may be in the wrong area of HP.

Big bucks close to the road draw crowds.  I don't like crowds, and it's getting harder for me to walk far back where I know they are.  I was only hunting for does until now.  Will start looking at places where I used to see big bucks as long as my son is around to get him out.  A buck was chasing the doe I shot but he wasn't a big one.  The doe was a good size around 100+lbs.  Pic makes it look smaller than it was.  Getting a 160+lb buck out of there, or most places where they still may be, is really difficult for my old, hurting legs and arms