IGNORED

11/5 check in

FDhunt1213

Well the morning was a partial success. Both kids passed their gun portion. Unfortunately due to a crossbow malfunction they were not able to take the archery portion. And being they would not let me address the issue they both had to leave with no archery card. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

6 minutes ago, Ron said:

Well the morning was a partial success. Both kids passed their gun portion. Unfortunately due to a crossbow malfunction they were not able to take the archery portion. And being they would not let me address the issue they both had to leave with no archery card. 

Never heard of them not addressing the problem to help get them through and pass.  Hope they have another chance soon to make it up

Edited by Greybeard

17 minutes ago, Ron said:

Thats BS

26 minutes ago, Ron said:

That’s such a disappointment. Schedule another one asap and have a backup bow there. 

28 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Never heard of them not addressing the problem to help get them through and pass.  Hope they have another chance soon to make it up

7 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

That’s such a disappointment. Schedule another one asap and have a backup bow there. 

12 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

When I was a instructor if it was able to be fixed on the spot we let them if not we did not.  Same with poundage issues for compound.  We let them turn it up if the kid couldn't draw they didn't pass

16 minutes ago, roy381 said:

Thats BS

The instructors did look at it. If they can address the issue then he can move on. It took me 5 seconds to address the issue when I get home. Being the state has the range for the test you can not do what you want. 

Final 2 classes for the year are booked. One of the instructors did say I can just show up at Pequest on the 19th and he will make sure we get our test done. 

I understand the liability issue of things. It was just frustrating. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

17 hours ago, FDhunt1213 said:

Here we go.. at it again headed out in z5 looking for 1 of 3 shooter bucks. Good lucky today everyone! 

Are tou hunting public or private? What kindve action you seeing ? Full on rut? Begining of rut? Are the big boys cruising? Trying to figure out if i should take my vacation or not this week! Lol thanks for any help  help man!

Take your vacation:up: Headed out yesterday afternoon and figured I would try one of the two abandoned stands on the property, walked up to the first one and didnt like how high it was so I climbed in the other one that was around 70 yards away from the first stand and of course a shooter buck passes under the first stand following a doe. They stayed in the thicket for a while until the wind switched at that point they picked up my scent and headed away in the other direction. It was raining pin oaks all afternoon, saw 2 bucks and seven does.  I finally took the bow off the hanger:up:

Edited by bucky