IGNORED

Puppy nipping?

It’s been quite a while (over 20 years ago) since I’ve had/trained my puppy. My son just got one (red fox lab ) and it’s nipping. 
When I trained my pup I believe one of  the prevention methods was to put the pup on its back, or tap it on the nose. 
When I searched for nipping prevention, everything I see  says to divert attention, stop playing or give a time out. Has puppy training gone woke as well?😳

What method do you experienced dog trainers use to stop pups from nipping?

I replaced with an object he could chew. If nipping because teething or nipping attention, also yipped like a hurt pup if he did it.

Stay positive and don't give up. Puppy training has not gone woke, unless you talk to people about the e collar hahahahahahahahah

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

2 hours ago, Mixbaghunter said:

Trying saying ouch loud .that's how dog say he is being to ruff. Or tru his lip in so he bits himself.  

Both of these

42 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Can you give more detail on the lip thing? 

Grab the pup by the snout and with your fingers and thumb you push/roll their top lips into their mouth so when they bite down, they bite down on themselves.

If the nips aren't gentle, then have an exaggerated response to it.  A loud "ouch" will work.  Dogs don't have hands, so they touch everything with their mouths and they need to learn how to control their mouths and use the appropriate amount of pressure.

If the nips are hard and you're doing the "ouch" thing, then you can also add a correction "no" and redirect them onto a chew toy.

22 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Where are you located Pathman?  If you're close enough I can pop by and give you a hand, answer some questions, etc

Wow that’s a hell of an offer! We only have the pup till Tuesday, just watching it for my son. 
Im in Branchburg, how far is that for you? 

11 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Wow that’s a hell of an offer! We only have the pup till Tuesday, just watching it for my son. 
Im in Branchburg, how far is that for you? 

Gotcha.   I'm up in Warren County. Not sure I can make it to Branchburg by Tuesday though.  I'm busy as hell right now.  Let me know if the pup is around again and I'll see what I can do.  Feel free to DM me if you have other questions 

2 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Gotcha.   I'm up in Warren County. Not sure I can make it to Branchburg by Tuesday though.  I'm busy as hell right now.  Let me know if the pup is around again and I'll see what I can do.  Feel free to DM me if you have other questions 

Copy, greatly appreciated.