IGNORED

Beaches open to surf fishing during summer days

BowhunterNJ

Planning on taking a day to hit the beach tomorrow with the kids and grandparents, and ideally has some facilities nearby.  Debating on where to go, somewhere I can fish but they can also swim/play but isn't a crazy long walk (grandparents) or too crowded either.  I know a lot of beaches get shut down from fishing in that 10AM-6PM timeframe with lifeguards on duty.  What areas do you guys like in central and southern NJ?

28 minutes ago, Asbury24 said:

Island beach. Pass the first lot and water and air station. Then go into the next lot and park as far as you can go to the right. Path there and not a bad walk. That’s the last lifeguard post and you can fish all the way to the south. Only a hand ful of cars usually and not to crowded. Good luck

This right here^. 

AWM

Asbury24 said it above…IBSP. 

the fluke are in the wash rt now…bucktail w a teaser…mostly shorts but I know this feller who got a few good ones recently. There a few other pics in Grumpys FB. 
Try n walk n cast n cover water…if u get bit…or catch one…work that area thoroughly. 

and…the size limit off the beach is relaxed at 16 inches and 2 fish limit ….just ask gate attendant for a receipt so u have proof you caught em there. 

IMG_6954.png

IMG_6955.png

Edited by Bonefreak